Question abt 6600

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
i hv the nokia 6600 black......... the problem that im facing is that while transferring data i use a card reader, b4 formatting the fone i did not have to reset the date and tie of the fone but recently due a virus i had to format my fone and now i also have to reset the date and time everytime i remove card........... plz help

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
You might have forgotten to turn on auto-update of date and time. I am assuming it since you haven't given any info on what you tried to do.

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
I have a few queries too.

1) How can I upgrade the OS of my N6600 to the latest version 7 by myself.

2) Where can I find the OS.

3)And is there any way by which I can set GIF images as wallpapers and mp3s as ringtones.

---
back to dreams for now...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I had once seen seen some software which lets you use mp3's as ringtone for 6600. I don't remember the name of the software now. Google might help.

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
Thanks akuCRACKER. i have downloaded some sharewares from their site, will try them today. But don't think any of them lets me play mp3's as ringtones or set up GIF's as wallpapers. Can you elaborate a little more.

Can I get some help on the Symbian OS 7 also.

---

aku

Gonna make it BiG
i think thoze fone toolz will let u do wat u want 2...
btw wat help do u want?

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
@akuCRACKER

I want to upgrade the Nokia 6600 OS myself without the support of Nokia Care. My Os version is 5.53, and i want to upgrade to the latest version 7.

---

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
Ohh .. lol .. thats not possible dude .. for get the idea

but if you want go to the nokia service center n get the latest firmware
you cant do it yourself

Dreamer

Dreaming is THE art...
But some guys here do that for Rs. 500-1000. Previously i thought they had some kind of link in Nokia Care, but later found out that they did it on their own. So thought the trick can be found over the net. Hope anyone knows the trick here. Otherwise i would have to get a job in Nokia Care to know the trick :lol:
---

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
I tried the auto-update thing first....... but to no avail........ guyz plzzzzz help......

mobilegeek

Ambassador of Buzz
mAV3 said:
I tried the auto-update thing first....... but to no avail........ guyz plzzzzz help......

When you put out the mmc .. u remove the battery ..
so wen u remove the battery the power goooooooes :evil:
then how can it save the time

Update the time when phone starts should be on

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
U can install OGGPlay on ur fone,it allows u to set OGG files as ringtones.It's a better alternative as OGG is a much better format than MP3.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
mobilegeek said:
mAV3 said:

When you put out the mmc .. u remove the battery ..
so wen u remove the battery the power goooooooes :evil:
then how can it save the time

Update the time when phone starts should be on

that's what im trying to tell u that b4 i formatted my fone there was no need to update the time no matter how long i removed my battery......... but after formatting there is some setting that has been reset which is causing this ........ hence i require u pros to help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom