Quest for Scares - Horror games discussion

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Well, I am not a fan of jump scares so I guess I'm okay with that. I am more concerned about everything else.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
I have. Couldn't really enjoy it that much. It's very confusing. Also unless you have friends who are willing to play don't bother. I tried matchmaking today and couldn't find anyone.
Ah, that's a bummer. It does seem a bit confusing. I was willing to try this game that's why posted here to see if we can play together. How many people are needed to enjoy this game?
What are your specs? Was it running smooth ?
I have 1050Ti and 1080p monitor.

setanjan123

In the zone
Ah, that's a bummer. It does seem a bit confusing. I was willing to try this game that's why posted here to see if we can play together. How many people are needed to enjoy this game?
What are your specs? Was it running smooth ?
I have 1050Ti and 1080p monitor.
It will run fine on your specs. My old PC with a 4th gen i3 and a R7 260X used to handle it at 768p just fine. It's not super demanding. If you have an SSD install it on there, will help with the load times and micro stutters. As for the number of people I'd say 3(you and 2 other people) atleast. It's really designed for 4 player teams.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
This game is excellent if you like Hide & Run games

*store.steampowered.com/app/1825390/MadMan/

You can beat this game in 1 hour as it is made by Solo Developer.

Zangetsu

Anybody played Manhunt 1 & 2 ? It is the most violent game ever made by Rockstar and Banned in many countries.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Anybody played Manhunt 1 & 2 ? It is the most violent game ever made by Rockstar and Banned in many countries.
I don't think it's even available on any online stores. It's not even on GOG. Yet to check other sources.

Zangetsu

^^Yeah. Since it is Banned in many countries :D
I saw Manhunt 1 on Steam US store.

*www.gamingdragons.com/en/game/buy-pc-manhunt-2-game-download.html

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
BTW, have any of you played Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines? The game itself is not horror, but there is one mission that is considered to be one of the scariest levels in gaming:

It's so scary that the developers put a console command specifically to skip that level. Lol.

I played it and I think it's great, good atmosphere and not a single jumpscare. Kind of reminded me of Amnesia.

Zangetsu

I've been playing Outlast but I feel too scared to play any further. Seriously, I never felt Amnesia or the Evil Within to be as scary as this. It's like it was purposely built in such a way as to exploit your fears. Limited visibility, loud noises when opening and closing the menu, etc.
Have you completed Outlast ?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
*bloody-disgusting.com/video-games/...veal-new-alone-in-the-dark-title-at-gamescom/

New Alone In The Dark probably to be revealed. After a string of s*** sequels I hope this one will be good.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I have not played a single Resident Evil game yet. Could someone tell me the order in which they are meant to be played (not counting console releases)?

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I have not played a single Resident Evil game yet. Could someone tell me the order in which they are meant to be played (not counting console releases)?
You can play in any order. I haven't played all of them myself but I have played RE2 and 3 remake and RE4. RE1 is a remake of the original RE and has fixed camera angles, so if you can bear that then you can start there, otherwise, just play RE2 remake onwards.

Check out my own gameplay of it, about 10 mins:

Top Bottom