Status
Not open for further replies.

tiwariG

Right off the assembly line
I am planning to buy a PC with the following Config:-

Intel Celeron 2.2 Ghz
512 MB DDR Ram
80 Gb HDD

I want to buy a TV Tuner card also along with the PC probably Pinnacle PCTV pro-the one without the FM...is that a good card performance wise?? Also DO i need to buy a graphics card also to view TV on my PC. IF yes. which one......???

Thanx for helping out!!!

theraven

Technomancer
yeah ull need a graphics card
unless u get a mobo with onboard graphics
u can go in for the fx 5200 for a lil above 3k
or a geforce 4 for sub 3k cards

NikhilVerma

Padawan
theraven said:
yeah ull need a graphics card
unless u get a mobo with onboard graphics
u can go in for the fx 5200 for a lil above 3k
or a geforce 4 for sub 3k cards

I guess every motherboard today has an inbuild grapics card...

OP
T

tiwariG

Hey thankx a lot.....Can yu suggest me some Mobos with onboard graphics??? their price and the amount of memory they would be having??

theraven

Technomancer
well it depends
go in for an asus mobo that supports onboard graphics ... ur dealer will be able to tell u which one
ull get it for ard like 5k ..
but asus is the best
infact i suggest u go in for am amd instead of a celeron
ull get a cost diff of 1 - 1.2k for an amd 2600

theraven

Technomancer
infact give us a budget .... we could help u get a better system ..
if its ard 35k then look ard .. there are 2-3 posts with ppl who have that budget

OP
T

tiwariG

Hmmmm....uhh I am not a geek so don't laugh when I ask that whether AMD CPU would work with ASUS Moboard? :p

mariner

Ambassador of Buzz
well tiwari amd goes very nice with asus.
pls check and u will find that there are many threads going on for new builds and u will find most of the configurations and their prices too suiting the budget u have in mind.

theraven

Technomancer
exactly wat mariner said
ull just have to buy a different asus mobo for amd support thats all
dun worry there are lots of ppl to help u out
tho if u would seatch before posting queries it would just be easier .. for both of us ;)
still do post ur budget
@nikhil verma .. sorry dude didnt see ur post
yeah most mobos do have onboard graphics ... but its a problem when u go out there and look for specific features on each mobo :p
happened to me ... thats y i specified

OP
T

tiwariG

Okay okay okay.....my budget is around 25 K..I wud be going for a 17 inch monitor....so its pretty tight....what I am looking is a decent enough card which would make AXN and Discovery viewing-on-my-PC perfect and allows me to play games like MAX Payne and Half Life with Descent quality. :D

medpal

Medic on Call!!
well
tv tuner card : pinnacle pctv pro is just perfect been using it for 2 years and quite satisfied. the clarity of the cable broadcast depends upon the strength of the signals so if you opt for second connection officially you will get decent picture quality but if you opt for svaing rental of one tv then picture quality may be some what less effective.

graphics card : the suggestion by raven is good (i have geforce 4 mx 440 card which was the only option that fitted in my budget at that time it plays max pyne, farcry, cod, starwars series games and that satisfies my need for now0

i would suggest you to go for
amd processor with asus mobo with onboard geforce 2 or geforce 4 graphics which will satisfy your need if you are casual gamer but if you are hard core gamer you need to up your budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom