Query: Nokia E50

Status
Not open for further replies.

linardni

Journeyman
Nokia E50 has got the ability to have two phone numbers in one phone. Does it have slots for two SIM cards? Moreover will both the SIMs remain active or anyone will be active at a time?

Pathik

Google Bot
nope it doesnt hav the facility.. However u can buy a dual sim adapter.. Also only 1 sim remains active at a time

jyotirupam

Broken In
Hi All.
I am going to buy this (E50) shortly. Please tell me how much I should pay ?
Does it a good choice for a workphone ?

What about the notorious Loudspeaker problem during a call ? I am scared reading these ..
*discussions.nokia.co.uk/rss/message?board.id=swupdate&message.id=4617

Any forum member also getting such problems ?

But, in August month's DIGIT reviewed this phone as 1st Choice for Business Phones in the lower segment of Rs. 17000 & less.

Please Help me?

Pathik

Google Bot
lol.. i had that loudspeaker problem only 2 or 3 times... also i think it shd be fixed with a firmware update..

jyotirupam

Broken In
Hi pathiks,

How long you are using it ? Is it a good mobile for viewing Word documents and PDFs ?

Have you updated your firmware ? Is the problem solved ?

Pathik

Google Bot
Nope there isnt any firmware update for the APAC region yet.. and yea its good for viewing documents of any type.. I m using it since 2-3 months..

jyotirupam

Broken In
Still I have doubts. I think it is a real problem. I am impressed by the Digit review and it finely suits my tight budget. I can not afford O2 or like that.. But I work in a quite office and sit directly in front of the clients. It will be a very embarrassed moment it the loudspeaker bug catches me. And what if there is no firmware update or the update will not fix the 'bug'.

Even Nokia is not pushing this phone in advertisements like the others.
But why digit gave a 'Gold Choice' in August review if they knew this problem exists? Since it is a business phone think about a meeting and your phone rang and ...... Till now Nokia is also silent about this one.

I am postponing my purchase to clear the airs about this phone. Because these are my hard earned money.... Pl guys ... suggest me...

Or can you suggest similar phones in this budget i.e. under 10k.

Pathik

Google Bot
This is a great office fone.. It was the os9.1 wen it was released..
The Pros outweigh the Cons by a huge margin... However now You should increase your budget a bit and get the 5700..

jyotirupam

Broken In
Ok. Now I am feeling something good about my choice. One more issue to be cleared.
I know that this phone does not have any document creation option.
But can I edit/modify Excel and Word document and save them directly into the phone?

Is there any size limitation for opening any documents ? e.g. Can it open a word document of approx 10 MB ?

Thanks in advance for the reply. All of you are really helpful...

Pathik

Google Bot
10mb wd be a problem... e50 doesnt have HUGE ram..
also you can edit the documents doing some jhol in fe or profi or some text editor..

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
Bought an E50 today at Rs.8,100 including VAT from Viveks Chennai.

The package was sealed, but was shocked to find that there was no microSD card. Even a minimum of 64MB was not provided. On reading the manual, it says your package would or would not have been bundled with a memory card.

@pathiks: did you get a memory card?

nsidd75

2 hld a pen = 2 be @ war
Hmmm... i am also thinking of getting this phone... it'll suit my budget too but the thred is indeed frightening... what says you ppl!?

guys!!! i just had a doubt... is the problem emnating because of the problematic battery nokia was recently trying to solve????? if that could be the reason then i guess the problem is solved right??? of course it could be some problem with the firmware or something but it was just a doubt....

hey!!! i just found out the battery is indeed BL-5C... But still it could be that the battery might not have been manufactured to those specifications... but if thats the case i guesss it'll be solved...
*www.nokia-asia.com/A4415300

but then again will the mobile be available now???

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
My battery wasnt defective...
btw deepak u dont get a mem card with it... but heck its got 70mb internal memory... neways u can get a 1gb micro sd for 400 bucks..

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
The first thing I checked after I got the phone was check the battery's serial number on nokia product advisory website. It wasn't defective.

1gb memory card for 400 bucks?? Where??

Also one more problem, @pathiks

The joystick's edges are too sharp it hurts sometimes after prolonged use and/or leaves impressions on my thumb.. Is there a remedy for this? Like coating it with silicon or something??

Pathik

Google Bot
Check out heera panna and IP in mumbai..
btw yea the joystick is a bit hard and pointed but once u get used to it u ll like it very much... also try using it with ur nails in the start..

deepakchan

Troubleshooter
pathiks said:
also try using it with ur nails in the start..

Am using my nails only at the moment on the joystick..

Unfortunately I am in Chennai. Have to buy in ritchie street only for whatever price they quote..

jyotirupam

Broken In
Hi deepakchan,
Can you read PDF documents with ease in this phone ? Can you edit Excell Documents & save it in the mobile ?

Pathik

Google Bot
Yup u can read pdf on this fone.. but if u want to read them better get the e62 or e61..
also u cant edit excel documents directly but u can with the help of a text editor.. read that as NO..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom