Query Abt Norton Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
Installed Windows XP Sp 2.
Installed Norton System Works 2003
And made ghost image of C drive where windows is installed.
Burned that image to DVD(about 2.5 GB) using Norton Ghost(It burned on its own after restarting).

Now if i want to restore that image and i cant access windows XP.
How can i do ??

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
wat to do after this?

*img252.imageshack.us/img252/2645/111hx6.jpg

As my windows crashed, i popped up the DVD and this came.

Wat to do now to restore from DVD to my C drive??

Last edited:
OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
I want to make ghost of C drive... but it includes hibernation file of abt 512 MB.. sud i delete it b4 making the image?

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Yeah sure, Delete it, Set the paging file size to 0 and restart ur comp. This will save u almost 512+768(Approx) space !

Bt it wont make the size of image much smaller as already the compression reduces it to one of the minimal ;)

OP
Manshahia

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
last time i created an image.. it was of 2.8 GB..
now C drive is full arnd 3.9 GB..
thats y i was asking for some reduction...

ashu_dps said:
Yeah sure, Delete it, Set the paging file size to 0 and restart ur comp. This will save u almost 512+768(Approx) space !

Will setting the size to zero effect mah PC's performance? wat happens anyways with that setting?

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
just set it to zero temporarily so that there wont be any page file in image so it will reduce the content by almost 768 mb or whatever ur paging file size be. And when u r done again set it back to ur older setting

Liggy

Is actually a real word..
Get a hold of Dreams *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/member.php?u=4885 he works for symantec and should be able to answer all your symantec/norton needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom