Query abt Nokia 6681 and Nokia 3230

Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys.I am planning to buy a smartphone. And my choices are Nokia 6681 and 3230. But I am pretty confused.I have some questions.Plz help me out.
1.6681 supports Bluetooth version 1.2 beside 3230's BT version 1.1. whta the difference between these two versions

2.What are the improvements in Symbian OS v8. Will applications built for Symbian series 60 v7 work in 6681

3.Most importantly what are the confirmed current prices of these two mobiles with bill and warranty

4.What is the price of a 128 mb and 256 mb DV RS MMC cards?

thnx in advane!!!

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
1. Bluetooth 1.2 spec has been designed to provide 65% faster connection times in comparison with 1.1. 1.2 has Adaptive Frequency Hopping. this will improve the transmission. And frequencies that are already covered by other applications, like for example W-LAN, can be avoided.
So you can get better sound clarity. But 1.2 will be fwd and bwd compatible..so u can still use ur 1.1 devices with 1.2 phones/devices. if u dont understand this...i can explain more...but dont PM..just post it here

2. version change of 8 has no effect on performance...but some funcionality like today screen and improved controls has been incorporated

3. price of 6681 is 14.7k while 3230 is 14 in chennai..

dont go for 3230 its slow...6681 has ARM core processor..which handles the applications faster than 3230 but slower than s40 series

4. i got 256 for 900 couple of months ago.. 128 is waste of money..and 512 is good with 6681 and slow with 3230. 512 costs 1.5k

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
the thing that is bugging me abt 6681 is that it doesnt ha fm radio.
anyway is there any attachment available for 6681 that would allow me to use fm with 6681?
nokia site says 6681 bundles DKU2 cable but my dealer told it doesnt bundle one..only manual,64mb card and software is bundled...which statement is right???
@gdatuk : thnx man. well I use airtel gprs to surf internet currently using my 6610.will there be any improvement in surfing speed if i use either of the 2 phones?

tuxfan

Technomancer
Nokia N70!! I am the new fan of this phone! What a phone! :D I am not saying becuase I just took it ;) but because it surely is a lovely phone and thats why I took it :lol:

Jokes apart, here are a few things that I read about N70 before I took it. ;) Of course it is little over 21K. So if doesn't fit your budget just ignore what I said.

the Nokia N70 is the best smartphone without a touchscreen, no direct rivals.

Boasting a number of minor improvements over the 6680, the Nokia N70 is a very well-rounded smartphone with a number of high-end features which competitors are hard pressed to match.

my-symbian.com on 15 Oct 2005 said:
Nokia N70 is the smallest and lightest Symbian OS 3G smartphone released up to date. It looks very stylish and professional and provides all the latest technologies and functions you would expect from a smartphone: data transmission with UMTS and EDGE speeds, 2 Megapixel camera, high quality 65k colors display, stereo playback and FM radio. In addition to this, the phone has 32 MB free RAM, the most of all Symbian OS based smartphones up to date.

However, a close relative recently took 6630. He was even contemplating 6681 at that time, but a couple of dealers (and other people) told him to take 6630 which is better than 6681. Please inquire, its cheaper too.

BUT ONE THING FOR SURE. STAY AWAY FORM 3230 :roll: It sucks! A friend resold it at a loss within 3 months of taking it :evil:

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Man my budget is Rs 15k max. I cant afford N70.
Abt SE 750i...I dont think its symbian...I want a symbia phone.

soham

In the zone
Nokia 6681 has got a 262k colour screen whereas 3230 has a 65k screen. 6681 comes bundled with a 64mb card whereas 3230 comes with a 32mb. 6681 includes photoshop lite edition software. The card for 3230 isnt hot swappable.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
dude 3230 is hot swapable....i have used the phone..so u can take it from me
and i have not used gprs in india...so i cant comment on it...
if u feel N70 is too costly..then close your eyes and go for 6681. but after 2 months or so..N series will be the talk of the town. at that time..dont feel left out....
if u can wait for another 2 months or so. price of N70 will come down to ur budget maybe....

now am also looking for a change...and my main choice is N70...but so thrilled by N91..so decided to wait for it...

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
ok guys..I ve finaly decided that I will go for 3230 coz I cat live without Radio. Anyway..can anybody suggest a good mobile shop in kolkata>>
TIA

jayanta

Broken In
go for the 6681. u will not regret. the 3230 is a crap phone it has software and battery issues. with 6681 u get 128 mb dv mmc, data cable with cd, headset and i got it for 12000 at prority dealer in hyd on 18 oct 06

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
6681 ANY DAY!!i have used both 3230 is k...but i really liked 6681 black one.or else u can get 6233 for 13k-radia,2mp cam,64mb card wid da sales pack,4hrs of talk time,dual speakers which is literally AWESOME.using this fone frm the last 2months and had no problems wat so ever.i m loving it!!

K

krazyfrog

@ Jayanta and Aniruddh, have you guys even bothered to check the date of that thread. That guy must have bought and sold his 3230 by now. @ Jayanta don't bother replying old threads, makes no sense.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
do not go for 3230.. i have this phone and trust me it is very buggy with sudden phone reset etc.. also the camera of 3230 sucks after you take the snap it takes 2-3 seconds to capture the image so incase you more after clicking you will miss the snap.. the speaker is not good either..
if you have good budget go for n series.. else u want nokia and a smart phone only then go for this.. well all I can say about this phone is
" It is a poor man's Smart Phone " ;)

..:: Peace ::..
Jeba

Stick

Ambassador of Buzz
krazyfrog said:
@ Jayanta and Aniruddh, have you guys even bothered to check the date of that thread. That guy must have bought and sold his 3230 by now. @ Jayanta don't bother replying old threads, makes no sense.

@ Jayanta and Aniruddh : Good Morning Friends:p:p:p

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
lol .. the funny thing in thinkdigit is no mod do anything when old thread comes up .. with no reason .. Mod sleeps here
Its not the first thread I am seeing,

If there is a valid reason .. It can be brought up .. but this is holy crap :evil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom