Quantum SMPS ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaibhav92

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

I was searching for a Good 400watt SMPS and came across Quantum SMPS that was rated as 450 watts as per the dealer. The model number is 'P4 450SIE24'. Since there was no mention of wattage on the box he relied on the model number.

My question is:

*Does Quantum really makes SMPS. I searched the web and could'nt find any mention of such SMPS? I could only find HDD/ data strorage solutions?

*Does the rating that dealer is quoting can be trusted?

*Is this SMPS using a fake Trademark? Since they are giving away a 450 watt SMPS at rediculous Rs.425. Its really hard for me to believe!!

Please help me out.

Thanks.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
U can even get 500W rated local brands for 500/-. But its not sure can deliver 500W real output. I would recoment Zebronics Gold nd if u can spend upto 1700/- then go for Zeb Platina 400W. Its really nice nd has 2x80mm LED fans nd is a funky looki one.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Don't go only on the watage.,.......also see the amps..across +12v rail..........
for SMPS u can close u r eyes and get
Antec
Vantec
Cooler Master
OCZ
-------------------------
these a top-of -the line.......

Commonly available ones r...
VIP (partitially reliable)
I-BOX ''
Zebronics ''
PowerSafe...

OP
V

vaibhav92

Right off the assembly line
The real problem is that dealers here at indore have not even heard of such brands :-( . They only have frontech, Quantum and intex PSU's.

Regarding the Ampere ratings the package does not have any mention of any Ampare ratings any of its rails.

But i still like one thing aboute Quantum PSU is that it has lots of holes grilled at the bottom and back of the It. I think that it will definitly improve the ventilation problem that i am facing in my cabinet right now.

Both intex and frontech PSU's are shabbily built compared to Quantum and dont have much grills improved ventilation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom