Quake3 : How to Dodge?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunny0384

Broken In
is somebody tell me how 2 dodge in quake3, well i've played ut2003 n 04 very well n know each n every thing abt it n decided 2 play quake but i can't understand how to dodge while the other bots are dodging the rockets n all that.

rkb2005

Broken In
Well I think you have to use the side-step button or jump to dodge...configure keyb to enable you to easily do left & right side-step and jump moves!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
There is no dedicated key or combo to dodge in Quake 3. You will need to be quick and alert if you wanna dodge effectively.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Well try to get some Quake videos n see how the proffesional players dodge. I m also trying to do the same. Continuous moving is one of the important factor to be remembered while dodging. You need to develop ur own techniques for dodging. For dodging, try to practice dodging against bots.Concentrate on Dodging rather then shooting for sometime. After a good practice, combine ur shooting n dodging techniques for the best performance.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Two words for staying alive in Quake III Arena - Strafe Jumping! :D That's the best advice I can give you.

Cybrog!

Right off the assembly line
Dude prof is absolutely right but yeah rember one more thing don't remain at the same positin for than 10 sec or you will be roast!!!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
10sec? I think that should be 2-3 seconds! Any deathmatch requires you to be quick to move and alert so that you can dodge enemy fire effectively.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yup! 10 secs at one place will be harakiri! As Prof suggested, strafe jumping is the best technique to keep alive in the arena. Move around a lot, listen to audio cues and try to guess which side the enemy is coming from. Hair trigger reflexes also help a lot.

expertno.1

Technomancer
oh man in Q3 there is no and key combo for dodging

it dpesnd on your skill

just use the strafe jumping technique and dont remain at a place for more than 7 seconds otherwise ...bloddshed

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Mate, Quake 3 was released in 2000 or 2001 so stop demanding things like dodging, alternate fire, etc. If you want alternate fire, download the Xtreme Arena mod for Quake 3. And no, you cannot disable any weapon. Why would you get bored with a particular weapon? Don't you use all weapons depending upon the situation?

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Quake 3 Arena is not a pure single player game, in which you can save progress in the middle of something. If something important comes up in the middle of a match, you don't have an option but to quit and then replay that map. The game will only remember the maps you have already completed.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
sunny0384 said:
is somebody tell me how 2 dodge in quake3, well i've played ut2003 n 04 very well n know each n every thing abt it n decided 2 play quake but i can't understand how to dodge while the other bots are dodging the rockets n all that.
Quake doesnt have alternate fire ...
So, the 1st thing you should do is to put "right-click" as JUMP
I dont know if you have done is already, (most UTers dont do it initially) but without it you cant expect to do most of standard Q3 tricks like efficient dodging and strafe jumping.
There are lots of tutorials on strafe jumping, just search on google.

And also, try to hit bots on air. It's impossible to do this in UT and that's what amplifies the pleasure in Q3.

Happy Quaking :)

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom