Status
Not open for further replies.

vmp_vivek

In the zone
Whenever I try to launch, I get the Windows error message that the program has to be terminated. My configuration is P4 2.8, 1280 MB RAM with Ati 9000 card with latest drivers. Please help. :(

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
mmm...1280 MB RAM ? Are you sure ? If it is 128 MB then I would say u dont meet the min system requirments. Please clarify the above. And also can you post the exact error details ?

OP
V

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ Error is like this:

Quake 4 has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience.

^^ You know the Windows error that pops up, right ?

My system has got 1 GB (1024 MB) + 256 MB = 1280 MB RAM = 1.25 GB RAM.

satanlives

Journeyman
then it seems tht ur gfx card cant play the game ... check out the quake website to knw wether ur card can run it or not

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
mmm...no the min syst requirments are fine. My guess is that you might not have the right version of Direct X. You need DirectX 9.0c If you dont have it install it and let u know if it works.

G

gxsaurav

hmm, provide some more info, like your graphics card driver version, weather u r using a no cd patch or not, & your operating system

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
not enough information mate. It doesnt work could mean a hellava lot of things. Are you using a no-cd crack or something ? Is the game an original one ? Please let us know as much info as u can.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hey vivek the problem u r have is very common one . Many ppl are getting this message , if u disable sound in the game it will run fine (but this is not how u want to play quake 4).

So download this openal patch, even if u don't have a sund card supporting it , install it and , the game will run fine with sound .
*www.openal.org/openal_webstf/OpenALwEAX.exe

OR

delete the OPENAL32.DLL located in C:/Windows/System32... and quake 4 work fine with sound.

I hope it helps

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
hmmm the previous link is dead, i uploaded it on rapidshare

*rapidshare.de/files/7866026/OpenALwEAX.exe.html

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
its a rapidshare link, so u will have to paste this link in ur explorer window, then on page click free, wait for the download counter to turn to 0 , the download link will appear, download it from that link without using download managers .
the link is working fine. I chkd

or just tell me ur mail address i will mail it to u.

OP
V

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ IT DIDN'T WORK ?! :cry: :( AND THATS IT, I HAVE ALSO TRIED QUAKE 4 DEMO, BUT GETTING THE SAME ERROR MESSAGE. :x SO, ITS HELPLESS AND I WON'T BE ABLE T0 PLAY QUAKE 4 AND FORGET THE GAME ITSELF. :cry:

P.S. UNLESS I GET IT FOR XBOX, I WON'T BE ABLE TO PLAY THIS GAME. SO GUYS, GIVE ME SUGGESTIONS THAT WHETHER SHOULD I BUY FOR XBOX AS I HAVE IT. THANKS. :)

abhijeet_ghosh

Journeyman
Quake 4 has been released on the Xbox 360 not the current Xbox. So, unless you have the 360 your only option is to play the game on the PC. Anyways, the 360 version of the game got bad reviews.

OP
V

vmp_vivek

In the zone
^^ :cry: I TRIED EVERYTHING ! :cry: AND NOW, WHEN I HAVE RE-FORMATTED IT AGAIN AND TRYING TO RUN THE DEMO, IT GIVES THE SAME ERROR ! :x DAMN, I CAN'T EVEN FIND THE FILE FOR THE DELETION YOU HAVE MENTIONED AND SO, NOR CAN I CHANGE ITS NAME. :evil: :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom