Q on Palit HD 4850!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RMN

In the zone
what is the diff bet HD4850 and HD4850 sonic?
and i just realized that its DDR3!!.will it supp my mobo which is a MSI P45 Neo-F?coz it only supp DDR2...or is it only for the RAM?

tq

Update--i just read the review and i understand that is its got a better cooling Fan.

Last edited:

jetboy

Journeyman
Hey RMN,

Check below links to get more idea...

*www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=853 .....for plain 4850

*www.palit.biz/main/vgapro.php?id=755 .....for 4850 sonic

I hope that will help you...you will see sonic has better cooling as it has better heatsink and a bit more core speed and more memory clock too..

jetboy

Journeyman
Aaahhh...sorry missed that part..ya there is no problem with it...the ram on GPU is only used for the gpu so not related to you mobo..

I have a sapphire 4870 GDDR5 ;-)

Just make sure you have a good PSU to support it..say like 500W...go for coolmaster or corsair...a bit expensive..but will work like charm...and are worth the price you pay for.

Check here
*theitwares.com/smps/smps.htm...

Happy Gaming :-D

...and shall I suggest you for the sonic model...it has better cooling than the normal one...

Last edited:
OP
R

RMN

In the zone
tnx again jetboy...
yes i have decide to go for the sonic ver. and i do have a Coolermaster eXtreme Power 600!

but im a bit surprised that the Sonic ver is only 975RS costlier than the normal one on ITWares.!is it a mistake or something?

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
tnx again jetboy...
yes i have decide to go for the sonic ver. and i do have a Coolermaster eXtreme Power 600!

but im a bit surprised that the Sonic ver is only 975RS costlier than the normal one on ITWares.!is it a mistake or something?

but sonic version is not available right now ---------- but nothing between sonic & ordinary hd4850 an OCed version you can overclock the GPU if u want have better cooling solution on the cabinet donot worry about the palit HD4850 its new cooler is great ok ------------

imgame2

Padawan
tnx again jetboy...

first off all the memory RAM on gfx card is different its GDDR3 and it has nothing to with ur system RAM...this RAM is on the card and u can't change it like ur system RAM ...

well second of all its a good news that Palit sonic is available finally ..when i bought iHD4850 ..it was not available...so lucky u :)..

and yes its 975/- more only ..there is no mistake ..cos HD4850 has gone costlier at one point of time it was 9.2k @itwares ..since its overclocked and dual slot cooler model ...actually its just amazing that this card is available at such a price ..this card will beat hell out of 9800gtx+ (even the SC version ) which costs about 14k ....:)

go for it man !!!

Last edited:

ultimategpu

AMD & ATI FANBOY
first off all the memory RAM on gfx card is different its GDDR3 and it has nothing to with ur system RAM...this RAM is on the card and u can't change it like ur system RAM ...

well second of all its a good news that Palit sonic is available finally ..when i bought iHD4850 ..it was not available...so lucky u :)..

and yes its 975/- more only ..there is no mistake ..cos HD4850 has gone costlier at one point of time it was 9.2k @itwares ..since its overclocked and dual slot cooler model ...actually its just amazing that this card is available at such a price ..this card will beat hell out of 9800gtx+ (even the SC version ) which costs about 14k ....:)

go for it man !!!

I know sonic version is better than the normal version ------------ but the manual overclocked version of normal hd 4850 will be equal to sonic version ???? or sonic version will be good ??? cause factory OCed is value for more than 3.5k ?? guess what ?? can u tell me that i would get another for crossfire ------- can i connect normal HD 4850 with sonic HD 4850 ?????

imgame2

Padawan
I know sonic version is better than the normal version ------------ but the manual overclocked version of normal hd 4850 will be equal to sonic version ???? or sonic version will be good ??? cause factory OCed is value for more than 3.5k ?? guess what ?? can u tell me that i would get another for crossfire ------- can i connect normal HD 4850 with sonic HD 4850 ?????

normally Ocing depends on the particular card ...for instance my palit HD4850 goes upto 665MHz core and 1038MHz with auto-tune ...this can be different for each single card ..but palit HD4850 sonic comes with core Overclocked to 685MHz ..and a nice cooler to cool it down ..so it will be better than normal ..

but here sonic is selling for for 11k ..only one k more with a great cooler ..so it makes it a great buy ...

yes u can connect HD4850 with HD4850 sonic in Xfire..u can even add HD4870 with HD4850 ..called mixed crossfire ..but then HD4850 sonic and HD4870 will run @ plain palit's clock speed ..i.e, at 625 MHz .....so it will give u the performance of two plain HD4850 ....but a crossfire of two HD4850 sonic will beat gtx280 ...and performance unmatched !

check out the review of palit HD4850 sonic here

*www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/palit_hd4850_sonic/16.htm

an overclocked HD4850 sonic manage to give gtx260 and HD4870 a hard time and succeeds :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom