Python or PHP ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I will start developing my website soon (itech7.com).

I know Python and PHP both.

Now, I am in a dilemma about whether to use Python and mod_python for my site or to simply use PHP ?

Please suggest which is better and also the reasons....

:confused:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Python any day. Not many sites offer support for mod_python, and using Python for web services is really fast, and being a sweet language, Python is surely the way to go!

There might be speed differences depending on various scenarios. Python is blazingly faster in most cases, you can simply browse Python's mailing list to find out more about its web service speeds. (Google uses Python for serving pages on the web, a nice example of why Python is the way to go.)

If you know these two languages, why can't you decide for yourself? Its plain and simple!

OP
nileshgr

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Python any day. Not many sites offer support for mod_python, and using Python for web services is really fast, and being a sweet language, Python is surely the way to go!

There might be speed differences depending on various scenarios. Python is blazingly faster in most cases, you can simply browse Python's mailing list to find out more about its web service speeds. (Google uses Python for serving pages on the web, a nice example of why Python is the way to go.)

If you know these two languages, why can't you decide for yourself? Its plain and simple!
thanks. decided Python.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom