Putting the monitor on StandBy

Status
Not open for further replies.

subhajitmaji

Broken In
I dont want to wait for 1 minute to put my monitor at Standby. Neither I want to switch off the monitor by pressing the monitor power button.
Are there any software which can help me to put my monitor at standby instantly.
Can I do the same manually, i.e., without using any 3rd party software.

basically, install the program, the option "monitor standby" should be in the "more programs" group. run it, monitor will suspend - apon resume you will be confronted with a button to return you to mce, click/press OK on remote, and you will be returned to mce.

any suggestions or problems, just post back here - basically it works for me, and thats all im mostly concerned about, but..... i take no responsibility if this fancy program causes damages to your computer/monitor etc. be it hardware or software damages.

thought i might cover myself

few quick notes: dotnet1.1 framework required - also, just to clear things up, make sure you dont have mce set to be "always on top" in the startup and window behaviour options (might be a problem). all shoudl work well - my friend has on issue..... works for me, i got no one to test it with.

Download: *www.users.tpg.com.au/iconeo/monitorstandbyMCE.msi

Source: *thegreenbutton.com/forums/thread/35581.aspx

aadipa

Padawan
here is what you need - just a small 75 kb application.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=302835&postcount=10

gaurav21r

Journeyman
i dont get it what subhajitmaji is tryin 2 do is to simply put the system in standby. Why do u need 3rd party tools. Someone Kindly xplain..

OP
subhajitmaji

subhajitmaji

Broken In
@gaurav21r
You hv not understood my question. I dont want to put the system at standby, i just want to put the monitor on standby with all the tasks running.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom