Pure hindi programming :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan

In the zone
was bored and tinkering around with VS08.. and ended up with this:

*img261.imageshack.us/img261/1358/hindiprogrammingsp7.th.png

and well.. just so that you know.. this compiles perfectly with VS08 [and VS05 too]

the source along with the executable is bundled along.. don't try running the exe file on ur standard console.. it's unicode output so you'll just see junk. Use an unicode-enabled console or output to file while running...

to explain a few things:

उप्योगित नेमस्पेस सटड; translates to: using namespace std;
अंक, फ़्लोट, वर्ण translate to int, float and char

कबाहर translates to cout, कअन्दर translates to cin
अगर - वरना translates to if - else

somethings i forgot to add:
जबतक - for loop
तबतक - while loop; तबतक ... करो : do ... while loop

also.. i didn't have luck with hindi numerals.. have to work with latin ones only..

and .. seriously.. don't try this at home.. you'll be tearing your hair apart when the compiler starts giving errors just because u missed a matra somewhere :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
can u attach the fonts too?
here its full of ??? ?? ????...and whats the font name
ive many other hindi fonts installed already.

sandeepk

Journeyman
Very good. But you know that you can define class, variables and function names in any Indic font and it still will be valid and program will compile. But off course you have to use valid C++/C#/VB program syntax.
Try it. Supported on VS 2002 onwards.

OP
rohan

rohan

In the zone
can u attach the fonts too?
here its full of ??? ?? ????...and whats the font name
ive many other hindi fonts installed already.

The file is a standard unicode file.. it is not a RTF or similar file which makes differentiation between fonts. The reason you are not able to see it properly is that your computer is not set for these scripts properly. Go To Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Languages and check both the checkboxes in the 'Supplemental Language support frame'.

Got too bored with normal stuff did you?

not exactly... was bored of everything else that I do...

sandeepk said:
Supported on VS 2002 onwards.

Not necessarily.. it will be supported on almost all compilers provided that they have Unicode support. I'm not sure.. whether gcc does it or not.. but rest assured there are other compilers supporting Unicode and they will compile this code prefectly fine..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom