Purchasing peripherals thru online

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_ajay_007

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,

I dont know whether this is relevant place to post the query. But any way I hope that I can get it clarified from you all.

My doubt is while purchasing the peripherals from online shopping sites such as amazon, paypal etc., will there be any additional amount we have to pay in addition to quoted price (ie I mean for duties, Import tax kind of stuff..) or just paying the quoted price through online payment is sufficient for the purchase.

If there are additional amount involved to be paid with the actual price of equipment, can you please explain what are those taxes/charges that needs to be borne by a purchaser to import a peripheral from other country through online purchase.

Can somebody explain in detail about thing going on while purchasing a kit through online purchase ?

Thanks

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
well.....lets get some perspective here..ok....

i am talking in general..i have ordered from amazon,PA only so knowledge limited...going to order something from decalgirl..but dunno ..any ways....

1. abt duties..its highly subjective..when weight increases or if they get lazy they might check it and impose duty...but if small items like CD or DVD or Skins are stuff...chances are that they be ok..even weight upto 1 r 1.5 kilo...

i ordered some books from amazon it was abt 1.5 kg...it was ok....and other time some batteries for my homes cordless and spool tape it was ok..but amount of weight was low..but once when my brother ordered a vaccum cleaner they imposed 23 or 25%.....

2.Shipping....chk for free shipping...risky but low cost..use it for low prio stuff...but i guess everything is high prio... ;)..and then there are std shipping methods that are listed chk for it and change it to indian money...

3.Vendor amazon, PA, decal...all are reputed...so ok...but others i would like to doubt..maybe individuals dealers if reputed then ok...

3.persons....that to rep counts...if new i would definitely tell them to ship first...lost some good deals though..but didnt had the heart to take risk u know...or if reputed or done deal once or testimon from someoen then i deposit the money to the accnt and then he be shipping....

4 always verify ur transaction.....like reputed source and client...even if dealiong with person..try to talk over phone and transfer money to HIS accnt so that he cheats you.FIND HIM AND KILL HIM.serious...

5.Regarding Paypal..its like credit card accnt..u need credit card to tarnsfer money to it and ther is another way dnt remeber....been long time i registered so...but the receiver had to pay a small fee thats the paypal system....

anything more....?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom