purchasing good yet cheap graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
hi once again i wanted to know about the best yet cheapest graphics card available in the market.you can name a graphics card (wit price) that can atleast handle need for speed underground 1,project igi2,gta vie city.i also want to know a graphics card wit price that can handle doom 3,HL2,nfsu2,medal of honour pacific assault. i would be more than happy TO recieve replies.oh by the way i have a P4 processor,128 mb ram,1.61ghz,win xp pro. i know the hardwares like crap but wat 2 do. :wink: .please reply fast

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
again worng section to post in mate....Plz post all hardware realted queries in the hardware section and specially the Gfx card quires in this sticky thread *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13761

btw the cheapest one ummmmmmmm........now i hate recommending this one but its quite obvious the XFX Geforce fx 5200 with 128MB Vram at 2.5k fair enough to handle the above mentioned games at normal resolutions :wink:

Sourabh

Laptoping
whts ur budget?

btw if u go for a 5200 card then get some 256 RAM xtra too for ur system

consider buying a 5700 LE card for abt 6k

but do buy a 256 mb ram stick for sure

and do overclock ur system a bit to get some performance increase

geek_rohit

In the zone
Please don't reply in this post as there is already a sticky thread. We can't reply to 10 different threads asking the same things.

godisreallygreat

Right off the assembly line
I think saurabh is right go for a geforce fx 5200 256mb.hmmmmm... i was really lucky to get one for 2700(sc hnd but only 1 mnt old) with orgnl fifa 04 bundled and 3 yrs guarant.

Sourabh

Laptoping
i meant get a fx 5200 card + 256 Mb ram xtra

and not fx5200 with 256 mb RAM

go for any fx5200 card there aint much difference

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
chwamiki said:
hi once again i wanted to know about the best yet cheapest graphics card available in the market.you can name a graphics card (wit price) that can atleast handle need for speed underground 1,project igi2,gta vie city.i also want to know a graphics card wit price that can handle doom 3,HL2,nfsu2,medal of honour pacific assault. i would be more than happy TO recieve replies.oh by the way i have a P4 processor,128 mb ram,1.61ghz,win xp pro. i know the hardwares like **** but wat 2 do. :wink: .please reply fast

Hi chwamiki, Gaming these days has become an costly affair. Also there isn't anything thats best yet very cheap :p. If you want the best in India u better be ready to shell out. Also another thing to keep in mind is that games these days have complex physics etc. so they require a faster processor as well as memory bandwidth, both of which ou are sadly lacking. If you have the money to splurge i'd say go for a complete overhaul. To play the latest games at decent settings and resolutions u need atleast a sub 10k card. If u can afford better nothing like it.

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
hey allwyndlima

hey the graphics card u mentioned costs 2.5k what does this mean 2500 or 25000.and does it even support doom3,hl2 and nfsu2.please reply man. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom