Pune - The first to have Wi-Fi !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

amol48

Searching...
Pune Will be the first city in India to have Wi-Fi in the whole city. The PMC plans to spend about 7.5 crores in this and will set up about 35 stations all over the city and about 1500 sub stations for the people. Also the PMC plans to install touch screen at various places. People will be avail of this facility by nov or dec 2006.

Source : Times of india

Well so i can now very proudly say that i am a puneity :) :p

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
@ravimevcha

no buddy presently no city in india is fully covered under Wi-Fi. Pune will be the first to have it !!!

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
There was a very good article in yesterday's The Herald (Editorial page)....abt pune becoming wi fi but state govt is taking no measures to check out the conditions of road,electricity etc......means not looking @ basic facilities and spending money on wi fi :evil:

chesss

mera kutch nahi ho sakta
Coool!! wireless internet in the whole city, Congrats punrites!
Lekin ab dilli kitni door hai?? :)

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
The reason behind this is to attract IT industries which in turn will help Pune to improve its infrastructure on Public-private sector basis.

In short this will be cheaper and easier for Pune to improve its infrastructure by spending few crores rather than hundreds of crores :) :p

This later on could attract other sectors !!

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
ya of of course you might got the wrong info buddy.
you can read this article in times of india dates 21/02/2006.

invisiblerohit

Right off the assembly line
amol48 said:
The reason behind this is to attract IT industries which in turn will help Pune to improve its infrastructure on Public-private sector basis.

In short this will be cheaper and easier for Pune to improve its infrastructure by spending few crores rather than hundreds of crores :) :p

This later on could attract other sectors !!

i don't think so....

if u happen to visit bangalore u will realize that even though the IT companies and MNCs have entered the infrastucture lacks big time...

wrong thinking... :roll:

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
@invisiblerohit

i know that dude very well that B'lore lacks infstructure. But i didn tell you my guess buddy it is originally the plan of the State govt and PMC (pune municipal Corporation) as it was stated in the paper !!

And regarding IT industries in B'lore dude well they are now gonna shift their Headoffices in Pune only mostly in the coming years ...

Huzefa

Journeyman
amol only MG rd is going to be covered and that too for the walking plaza concept . also its still in concept phase which means the local govt can take years to decide whats needed. and WIFI will not help bring more IT companies here to pune .

anandk

Distinguished Member
initially mg road...then the city... but the roads are pits ! they are turnibg out to be a great 'turn-off' for the corporates planning to come here...

Huzefa

Journeyman
even though its mentioned in todays TOI that the whole city will be covered , with the frequent power cuts and massive load shedding, 3 to 5 hours daily and thursday whole day no power supply, Will WiFi work without a regular power supply ? Impossible. In the First place, let the govt. improve the power supply situation instead of thinking up such schemes and wasting everyones time.

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
@huzefa

hey dude power cuts whole day on thursday ??!!! well you might be surprisedd but we didn face any power cut offs since the last week a single hour. Hardly the power used to go off for 5 min max. !! :) i live in kothrud BTW

And regarding Wi-Fi dude its initially MG road and then whole city as anandk said already. You can find this in TOI dated 21/02/2006.

Huzefa

Journeyman
IN KOTHRUD ! Buddy I stay in Kalyaninagar and my office is in MG Rd. Both areas without power, today upto 5:30 pm from morning 9:00 am. The situation is just too bad here in pune as well as maharashtra. All I can say is good for kothrud'ites, but hard to believe as entire city goes without power on thursdays and the normal 3 hrs per day load shedding. Imagine guys, we have got no power 30 hrs a week!. I'm sick of it, its a major loss for those of us in business and industry

OP
A

amol48

Searching...
ya actually in Kothrud also in few areas this porblem sucks !! Even we used to face it earlier but not now :) THX to PMC ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom