PUK code?? Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

medigit

In the zone
My Sim card is blocked.. It is asking for PUK code .. PLz help.. My Phone model is Nolia 6610i. Hutch subscriber..

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Call ur hutch customer care. Only they will be able to answer you. You'll need ur sim card no (not mobile no), so keep it ready.

OP
M

medigit

In the zone
contacted Hutch CC and got the PIN code as well as PUK code. Now is this PIN code and PUK code permanent ?? If so , how to change the PUK and PIN no..

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Afaik, u can change the PIN and PIN2 Codes from ur mobile sets!

In Nokia u can change these codes from Menu -> Settings -> Security Settings -> Access Codes

pickster

Professional Layabout.
The PIN code can be changed from within the mobile, but AFAIK, PUK code can't be changed.

moshel

Padawan
u dont need PUK code ever except when ur phone gets locked........the phone gets locked if u enter the Pin no. wrong 3 times. then it asks for the PUK code which if u put wrong 10 times, ur sim will get blocked permanantly, then u will have to buy a new sim, u will get the same phone number but u will lose all the data on the sim.....

BTW PUK code depends on ur sim, even if u get ur sim replaced, just casually , the PUK code will change. each sim has a puk code, which itself never changes. so if ur phone gets locked again u can punch in the same puk no. once again to unlock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom