PSU to new Asus SLi mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

parimal

Journeyman
I'm planning to buy Asus A8N-E Deluxe mobo. I have read that it requires 24 pin power connector (ATX 2.0) instead of normal 20 pin power connector. What should I do if I have older PSU with 20 pin connector?? Should I have to replace it??

theraven

Technomancer
i just got a bit confused
the agp specification needs those extra 4 pins as a separate connector
thats under the p4 spec
ur asus mobo will have an EZ plug feature which will allow u to use ur normal molex ( 4 pin power connector ) from ur psu for those extra 4 pins rather than the standardised square design

so in short
no
u dun need one
but i would recommend a new onw cuz im sure ur psu will be 300w or below

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
I'm not talking about these connectors.....I'm talking about the horizontal looking power connector.....in which we plug the wires coming from PSU. I'm asking this query coz I heard that if we put PCIe cards and SATA in our system....we need a diff PSU (standard ATX 2.0)

delhibhai1000

Journeyman
that 24Pin conector is a STRICT requirement only for the Newer Intel LGA775 socket CPUs...
there's no Asus A8n-E dlx mobo, r u gonna buy the A8N-SLI Deluxe ?
the one in which u can put 2 gfx cards? if yes, then that board requires u to plug in a 4-pin HDD connector,the adapter comes with the board...
The non-SLI A64 boards will work on the "normal" 20Pin Psu that r widely avlbl,but b sure to get a good quality PSU like the Powersafe 400W which is fer 1750 i think, or get the Antec 350W which is lik 2k....
BUt if u ARE going to buy the SLI board then get atleast a 500W Powersafe PSU ( 3.2k )

[flAsh]

In the zone
Go & BUY a ANTEC TRUPOWER OR NEOPOWER RATED ABOVE 450 WATT.
or buy a OCZ PSU if available in india rated above 430 watt

swatkat

Technomancer
Here's a site that i was browsing yesterday night (.uh..today morning),has a good comparision test of 8 PSUs, both 24 pins and 20 pins, this may help u...........
*techreport.com/reviews/2004q4/psus/index.x?pg=1

mamba

In the zone
hey
asus site recommends the followin -
ATX 12V 2.0 350W , for a Fx-55 , 512 DDR*2 , CPU cooler , NV 6800gt*2 , HDD*2 , ODD/RW*2
well this is an ideal specification n a antec 350 W n upwards would be sufficient . or may go 4 a VIP unit

this brings me 2 the " wattage myth " , exactly like the "ghz myth " ( else how can u explain a 3500+ wipping the *** of a intel 3.4 , although therez a diff of a cool 1.2ghz ) . 1 should go 4 a known(branded) psu instead of ne generic 1 coz a 350W supply may be better than an arbit 500W psu , due 2 the internal losses (eg heat ) . vot i m sayin here is exactly vot SWATKAT sayz above , n do check up the link *techreport.com/reviews/2004q4/psus/index.x?pg=1

as 4 the 24 pin connector , suggest visit the link *www.neoseeker.com/Hardware/faqs/kb/12,17.html , although itz supposed 2 be 4 P4 , but still might work . as it sayz can buy a 4pin molex connector that converts your regular 4pin molex power to a 4pin square connector for your motherboard

the ezplug feature is not 4 ur regular supply , but is 2 b connected if u run a SLI setup

hmmmm , m thinkin of buying the board 2
CHEARS !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom