Status
Not open for further replies.

max_snyper

Maximum Effort!!!!!!
hi max here again.....
i think tomm. i'm gonna purchase a sapphire hd3870 512mb with it should purchase a new psu or should i go with my old psu (iball lpe223-400)400w
i would like to purchase a good psu(400w) near Rs.1k-1.5k can nebody
suggest a new PSU......

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
Corsair CMPSU-450VX for around 3.5k
been using it since 1 week on my rig and its great....
PSU is one of the important part deciding ur pc's health and stability so dont compromise....

BSOD

Err.. what?
I have been using VIP 450W, it is great and also fits cleanly into the budget.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
Dont get cm xtreme power series. They are inefficient and contribute to electricity bills. corsair vx 450 is good.

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
Hey,
Do anyone know the price of
Powersafe 400W Silver/Gold and VIP 450W in Kolkata ?
And where can I get those PSUs in Kolkata ?
Thank you.....

pratik03

Journeyman
Dont get cm xtreme power series. They are inefficient and contribute to electricity bills. corsair vx 450 is good.

coolermaster extreme 500w has 70%+ efficiency only 10% less than vx450w and it will cost 1k less than vx450w.

having efficiency more than 70% is not inefficient.

Last edited:

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
coolermaster extreme 500w has 70%+ efficiency only 10% less than vx450w and it will cost 1k less than vx450w.

having efficiency more than 70% is not inefficient.

It doesnt matter if PC's contribution electricity bill is less. Extreme power causes the bill to raise by 14.3% from vx450. In metros like hyderabad it will lead to 2.5k+ electricity bill increase for 2 years. Hence 1k is worth it.

pratik03

Journeyman
It doesnt matter if PC's contribution electricity bill is less. Extreme power causes the bill to raise by 14.3% from vx450. In metros like hyderabad it will lead to 2.5k+ electricity bill increase for 2 years. Hence 1k is worth it.

2.5k+ increase/2years

how did you calculate this ?

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
mostly he took 14.7 % extra for the entire bill instead of taking only the electricity consumed by pc.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
^^ reread my post. it contains the words "PC's contribution electricity bill"
my pc is a pentium d820 + single ddr2 400 mhz stick + 160gb sata + 7600gt which 232w at full load and 197w at idle. When I bring home my computer from hostel our electricity bill jumps by around rs 900/month. This I know because my father shouts about this everytime I come home. I have checked the trend too. I am assuming people to use their computer less than me. So lets call it Rs 750. For 2 years thats 24*750=18k. 14.3% of it is 0.143*18=2.574k. But I still want to round it down to 2.5k for making it as small as possible. But actually for me its 900*24*.143=Rs3088.
My house bill is only 600 pm when I and my computer are not present. No TV, no ACs. Only tubelights, worldspace and fridge. But for people who have ACs and heaters, the electricity consumption will push the billing to higher slab rates. This can make it even 6k for high electricity bill payers.
I do my calculations before buying a psu.

pratik03

Journeyman
^^ reread my post. it contains the words "PC's contribution electricity bill"
my pc is a pentium d820 + single ddr2 400 mhz stick + 160gb sata + 7600gt which 232w at full load and 197w at idle. When I bring home my computer from hostel our electricity bill jumps by around rs 900/month. This I know because my father shouts about this everytime I come home. I have checked the trend too. I am assuming people to use their computer less than me. So lets call it Rs 750. For 2 years thats 24*750=18k. 14.3% of it is 0.143*18=2.574k. But I still want to round it down to 2.5k for making it as small as possible. But actually for me its 900*24*.143=Rs3088.
My house bill is only 600 pm when I and my computer are not present. No TV, no ACs. Only tubelights, worldspace and fridge. But for people who have ACs and heaters, the electricity consumption will push the billing to higher slab rates. This can make it even 6k for high electricity bill payers.
I do my calculations before buying a psu.

I didn't ask what is your PC's contribution in electricity bill.

Extreme power causes the bill to raise by 14.3% from vx450. In metros like hyderabad it will lead to 2.5k+ electricity bill increase for 2 years. Hence 1k is worth it.

just explain above statement & after replacing coolermaster extreme with coarsair vx450w (keeping other pc config same) what will be the total saving.

adithyagenius

I WANT MORE FPS!!
I mentioned my PC config because its very basic with gfx lower than 3870. So any other system with modern gfx should generally save even more. I have already mention that its estimated at 2.5k+ for my system in two years. So power saving for thread starter's system would be higher assuming similiar slab rates and usage. I can't get clearer than this.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
I think 70% on a 600W PSU[CM EP 600 @ 3.5k] is goin to be much better for the PC than 80% effiency on a 450W PSU[Corsair]@ 3.9k.

Maybe electicity bill will be more[ not sure how much], but if u later plan to add more stuggs like HDDs, ODDs, sound card, lan cards etc, then 600W CM wud be fine.

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
VX450 is better than CM 600W and the extra bucks you pay helps a lot in long run. Also there are ample connector for upgrades. to pe precise 1x ATX 24pin, 1x 8-pin EPS, 1x 6-pin pci-e, 6x SATA, 6x molex, 2x Floppy.
And for info CM 600w is actually Seventeam 500W.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
^^ reread my post. it contains the words .......... So lets call it Rs 750. For 2 years thats 24*750=18k. 14.3% of it is 0.143*18=2.574k. But I still want to round it down to 2.5k for making it as small as possible. But actually for me its 900*24*.143=Rs3088.
you mean to say that ur pc consumes power worth 750 bucks per month . . do u run ur pc for 24 / 7 with the monitor on .. the power consumption of only the pc will amount to about 750 bucks if the pc is consuming about 300watt continously for 24 hrs * 30 days. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom