psp video help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ark_angle

Right off the assembly line
hi,
i am thinking of buying a psp but i want to know few things.....

i heard psp can read only mpeg4 format for videos but no one say anything about righting this to a cd will work....

i mean a usual cd having videos in mpeg 4 format can be read in psp?????
i mean i need more space for my psp 2 gb stick is not enough so can i do the above?

Last edited:

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
PSP plays MPEG4 video format. You need a PSP video converter for that.

:arrow: Download Freeware :PSP Video Converter

Using this just convert your video files to PSP compatible format and transfer it to memory card for playback. There are some issues regarding playback through CD becoz of format wars. 2GB memory card is more than enough for a comfortable video storage. MPEG4 is highly compressed video format.

snake

Broken In
PSP cannot read/play normal VCD,DVD formats along with DIVX,XVID.Thanx to DRM which was implemented to stop piracy.But you can use *www.videohelp.com/~pspvideo9/pspVideo9_Install.exe to convert any or video into PSP compatiable format which is playable on ur PC also.
I use my PSP to watch LOST,PRISON BREAK etc. these series are HDTV RIPs and their size is 349 mb each and video play times are around 42 min each.When I convet them into PSP format they come around 270 mb.But they can go down upto 165mb with good quality but I am bit fusy about high quality so I dont mind size.
Anyway a English movie with good quality comes around 400mb.And if you have 2gb(1.8 gb actual storage capicty) memory stick with you can fit more than 4 movies in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom