PS3 outsells 360 at launch period

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Sony today announced that they have sold 1 million Playstation 3s in North America since the launch of the console six weeks ago.

That makes the Playstation 3 the fastest selling home console Sony has ever launched.

Microsoft sold 600,000 of their Xbox 360s from their November launch to the second week in January.

"SCEA went to great lengths to help meet demand for PS3, including airlifting systems into North America on a weekly basis to ensure a steady stream of units were available to consumers throughout the holiday season," said Jack Tretton, president and CEO, SCEA. "The fact that we were able to reach the one-million mark faster than our top-selling platform, the PS2, further validates the strength of the PlayStation brand and our belief that consumers are ready to experience true high-definition gaming." ... "Reaching the one million mark for PS3 is the first of many major milestones for us as we head into a new year. Even more impressive, is that we were able to accomplish this feat while successfully managing two other gaming platforms--PS2 and PSP," said Tretton. "With three PlayStation platforms now available to gamers, 2007 will be about software and delivering innovative, new experiences and award-winning franchises to consumers, both through retail and through our online PLAYSTATION Network."

News source: Kotaku

Pathik

Google Bot
abt 10% of these ps3s r on sale on ebay.. :)) wat is to b seen is wich console wins in the long run..

magnet

Youngling
ps3 price wont come down...its a device much ahead of its time....now its upon companies to build games which takes the juice of the machine......beleive it...ps3 is a 60k stuff machine being sold at low price

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
To be clear, They have shipped 1 million PS3s and not sold. FYI, 360 sales were higher than that of Wii and sony is at no.3. Though this is due to low shipments done by sony and nintendo, an advantage is advantage.

I am Sony PS3 fan and I sincerely hope sony overtake Microsoft in sales ASAP.

magnet

Youngling
mAv... me sony executive lol.....fine this executive dont have even ps2 in his home.......but wht he does is use google alot.....

runeet

Broken In
I think that sony will win in the long term bcoz unlike 360 they are going to have a larger product lifecycle, sony executive say that the lifespan of ps3 is gonna be of about 10-12 years, unlike earlier consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom