PS3 Explained

Status
Not open for further replies.

Georgy_Can

Broken In
Hi to each and every Gamer on ThinkDigit.com,

As more and more Consoles are coming into Market people are getting even more Confused. So in This Topic I am trying to Simply Explain All about PS3 and Why is it Considered to be better than other. Me and Many other Millions of Gamers are Waiting for The Console Launch of Nov.17, its not because Both Original Playstation and Playstation 2 was Considered to be the Best of of their generation but because there are some resons that Makes me and all those Gamers Believe it's the Best.

Why it is better Than other's.
-More games (1).
-Better Hardware(2).
-Overall Less Cost(3).
-More Entertainment(4).

1.More Games
I Wrote More Games and Some of u Might have been Thinking Why I wrote that Since Xbox 360 is realeased a year ago PS3 so How's that Possible.
Actually there are more than 200 games in Making for PS3.
And How can we all forget about Thousands of PS2 and PS1 games Since PS3 call play each and every game released on PS2 and PS1 without Using any Extra Hardware.U guys may say that PS1 and PS2 games graphics are now outdated but U should better Consider that People are still Buying GBA a Lot(it has 8 bit graphics).And there are More and Better Exclusive's For PS3 Then Other Consoles (MGS,KILLZONE,FF Series etc).

2.Better Hardware
If We Consider Hardware as the main issue in Chosing Harware then PS3 will be the Clear Winner.With Inclusion of Blu-Ray Drive its 1 step ahead of all other Consoles that just Comes with a Simple DVD Drive out of the BOX.As u all know Blu-ray Disks can carry 25 GB and 50 data on Single and Dual Layer Disks.Since All the Games Will be HD, they will all require that Huze Space.And as u know Blu-ray is 1 of the 2 next gen formats, So the Picture Studios have the option to ship movies in Both WideScreen And Full Screen Version with All three Languages and Subtiltes in many languages with all the making of the movie, Sountrack and other Godies on 1 Disk Which Will decrease the overall cost and Confussion For the Customers and Then Retailers.
Other than Blu-ray PS3 has the Best CPU of all three Consoles called as "Cell" Processor.It has 8 SPE's Clocked at 3.2 GHz.Other than that it has a 10 Bit sensing Controller (Xbox 360 has 8bit[same as ps2]) and motion sensing capability.60 Gb harddrive is a good option If u want to have a lot of movies, video songs and Mp3 songs in ur PS3 and with support for memory cards its even better.
PS3 has better Graphics Power Provided By worlds Biggest GPU Developer, nVIDIA.PS3 has RXS a similar GPU to Nvidia 7 series Graphic cards Clocked at 550MHz Core Spead and 700 Mhz Memory Speed.
Wifi capabilities is another advantage coz if u want to play online then u don't have to buy a(wifi reciever unlike Xbox 360).

3.Overall Less Cost
Some People May Think that Xbox 360 is cheaper than PS3 but a Fullfleged Xbox 360 is Far More expensive than with the Same specifications PS3($600 PS3ersion).

So whats the Difference:
PS3 comes With:
Blu-ray Drive
60 GB HDD
Wifi Capabilities
Memory card slosts
Motion sensing, 10 bit Controller.
Free Playstation Network Platform.

So If anyone wants to add all those accesories to Xbox 360 this will be the expense:
HD DVD Drive :Atleast $200.
60 GB Harddrive: $300(Since 20 GB sells for $100)
Wifi reciever: $100.
Memeory Card :N/A
Motion Sensing:N/A, Better Sensing Controller: $50.
Xbox Live: $50.

PS3 comes with all this stuff : $600
Xbox 360 with all that stuff : $500+$200+$300+$100+$50+$50=

$1200 !.

4.More Entertainment
With all these acc. out of the Box all u will need is Time to Enjoy with PS3.
With PS3, if u can get a 1080p (1920X1080 Progressive Scan) HDTV, it will be a Awesome experience.But Even If u have a Normal TV u will be amazed with the Difference.With a Blu-ray Drive(out of the Box) U can watch HD movies for few bucks at Home.
If u have a PSP then the Experience will be even better.How?U can Connect Ur PSP to PS3 and Can use it as a Wireless Controller (through Wi-fi) and Can even use it has a Remote Control for PS3.And even more with some PS3 games PSP could be used creativelly (On E3 06, They(Sony) Showed a F1 06 game Video using PSP as a Side View Mirror)
I will give u my example.I live in Canada and i have a PSP and will buy a PS3.I can Copy a whole Bunch of movies, Video Songs, Mp3 songs and Digcam Pics on My PS3's HDD and leave MY PS3 ON when Coming to India.
When I am in india and I want to show my relatives a whole bunch of my home movies made in Canada Since i have 1GB card in PSP i can only Download 100 min Video. SO at that time I can delete whatever is there and go to a Internet Cafe or MAC DONALD and Download all the stuff (movies mp3 or what ever ) off my PS3 to My PSP through PNP(Playstation Network Platform). Itsn't that amazing!!!.

So thats all about PS3 for Now but If u have any Question do Ask me here.

[Note: I am a G.A.P (Game Advisory Panel Member at us.playstation.com) member but I am not promoting PS3 due to that or any other Reason and These are all my thoughts does not relate to SCEA {Sony Computer Entertainment America} in any way ].

<<<<<<<<<<And Please Tell me If u find This Helpfull Or not>>>>>>>>>>

Georgy.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
well 1200$ is all right.but why do i hav to buy that thing.in india we do not hav xbox live.forget that 50$.then the xbox is ready to roll at 299 while one has to spend 600 for the ps3.well by the ati has commmented that its new engine shall deliver graphics much better that that of nvidia.the 2 bit difference wont mater much as in the xbox the quadra core cpu by ibm is fast enough to kick ps3's a**.and by the way xbox 360 is microsoft and u can install windows media center edition in it and make ur tv act like a comp.there are many other software upgrades coming that shall see that ps3 gets no room to play safe.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
PS3 for 600$ wont really have a bang start, and by the look of the impatient sony fans, it'll end up in disappointments too if some issues crop up. 300$ for XBox 360 will even fall after PS3 launches, giving it an extra edge. And since X360 titles are on track, it'll go popular (Remember, the PS2 came way before Xbox and thus it was pwning, but that isnt the case here at all, the X360 will pawn).

Wii, with its overclocked NES power charm, will go well too. I'd prefer a Wii really, but since it requires action, the couch potatoes will stay away from it.

But there is also the Blu-Ray factor. If Blu ray gets a boon from god and finally gets to terrorize the world eliminating HD, PS3 will be the easiest way out to its movies and other media stuff. Thats the only positive side I see for PS3, if blu ray = hit; PS3++;

If Sony gets sticky and doesnt make the prices low soon enough, it'll probably become another Sega...

Edit:
Oh and by the way, its written by him and is clear. Kudos to Georgy.

Last edited:

supersaiyan

In the zone
firstly the ps3 is going to use only 6spes not 8. i expect a gap member to mention that. moreover once on gamertv they showed a demo of sonic on ps3 and xbox360 playing side by side like picture-in-picture. there was hardly any difference. not only sonic they showed two more games and i observed the same thing. only the brightness level was different that too slightly. also,remember a long time back there was some news regarding E3 06 and the ps3 demos showcased there. the news was that many developers were actually showcasing the demos on ultra high-end pc and had hidden the pc somewhere beneath. so until and unless the real thing is out i wont believe anything.

SolidSnake

Broken In
supersaiyan said:
firstly the ps3 is going to use only 6spes not 8. i expect a gap member to mention that. moreover once on gamertv they showed a demo of sonic on ps3 and xbox360 playing side by side like picture-in-picture. there was hardly any difference. not only sonic they showed two more games and i observed the same thing. only the brightness level was different that too slightly. also,remember a long time back there was some news regarding E3 06 and the ps3 demos showcased there. the news was that many developers were actually showcasing the demos on ultra high-end pc and had hidden the pc somewhere beneath. so until and unless the real thing is out i wont believe anything.

7 SPEs will be usable, 1 will be reserved for redundancy.

Why are you comparing Sonic (a Multi-Platform game), if anything exclusives should be compared like GoW and MGS4? Anyway this is not the right time to compare anything, once PS3 gets released and games are released then only we can think of it.

OP
Georgy_Can

Georgy_Can

Broken In
supersaiyan said:

As other members already told u PS3 will use 7 spu's, 1 shared for operating System and 6 used for games.That may mean u can download something and at the same time play games.(multi tasking)

-First of all I don't know how they(gamer Tv) got PS3 when whole world is yet waiting to play PS3.

-Other reason is Sonic Game does not use the full potential of PS3(could be
same for the Xbox 360).

-Third reason is that Sonic game is not 1080p so that means it is a 720p title.
That means the resolution was (1280X720 progressive scan on both Xbox 360 and PS3).But if they change it to (to take full advantage of Nvidia's RSX) and make in 1080p (1920X1080 progressive scan) I think there will be big difference.Since u r on this form I geuss u know how much difference resolution make.

What u said about E3(could be a rumour), on TGS(Tokyo Game Show) they are going to let people play PS3.

Hey I just want to tell u something as a friend.When people see something that looks really good...some of them start to praise it and some of them start to criticize.Remember Killzone (ps3) everyone was impressed and then they started saying it wasn't realtime on PS3.Even if they used a killer PC(in their confrence), PS3 and 360 both have the GPU's that can play anything that todays PC (gpu's) can at the Max.

Blu-Ray and PS3 are closelly related.
How?

Let me Explain.

There is a Big fight Going on that started more than a year or to ago.Sony made Blu-Ray and Toshiba supported by Microsoft Made HD-DVD. Some people claim, to produce Blu-ray it was more expense then HD DVD.So who ever wins will get billions of dollars.So to win this battle Sony Included Blu-Ray in their PS3. and on the other hand side Microsoft will be providing it as a add-on to 360.

Since gamers are the ones who watch lots of movies(i think)So if Sony sells 30 million units atleast (according to 25% people have in US have HDTV's) they will start to Buy and rent Blu-Ray movies and hence Blu-ray will have a good start.Then Movie studios realising more people have blu-ray players will start to shift towars Blu-Ray( Similar to Developers making games are shifting to Xbox 360 to have more profit Since it already has a good installed base and they will make more money in the begining with Xbox 360).

So to sell Blu-Ray Sony is using PS3.

Even though i am sony Fan but it is true that After all it is all about money..... for Sony, Microsoft and Wii.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Georgy_Can said:
Remember Killzone (ps3) everyone was impressed and then they started saying it wasn't realtime on PS3.

I hope you know that the killzone video was not real time .

Georgy_Can said:
PS3 and 360 both have the GPU's that can play anything that todays PC (gpu's) can at the Max.

until crysis maybe , crytek head in an interview with mtv said that "crysis can bring the 360 and ps3 hardware on its knees, PC is and will always be the real nexgen gaming medium".

OP
Georgy_Can

Georgy_Can

Broken In
tarey_g said:
I hope you know that the killzone video was not real time .

until crysis maybe , crytek head in an interview with mtv said that "crysis can bring the 360 and ps3 hardware on its knees, PC is and will always be the real nexgen gaming medium".

How do u know Killzone Video was Not real Time.(ok u can say How do I know it is real time.)

And ya I know that Computer Which would be able to play that Game at more FPS then PS3 and better Graphics, I hope won't be less than $3000.Compared to $600.
And yes Now I hate to play on my PC since pc is not capable of playing New games at higher resolution.That won't ever happen with PS3.Even in 2012 It will play games at 720p or 1080p.

And don't forget Games Like MGS4,Killzone,Motor Storm I don't think any PC can Play those games at Max
For next three Years PS3 and Xbox 360 will be the King in Performance and Quality After that I can't say.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Georgy_Can said:
How do u know Killzone Video was Not real Time.(ok u can say How do I know it is real time.)

NO , i won't say how do u know its real time because i can tell why it was not real time . It was a target video for the next killzone game confirmed by egm , the target video is made by developers to show what they are trying to achieve finally from the current undergoing project. Till date no game is made as beautiful as the target video and killzone ppl have not shown and real time footage of the game since then.Same thing with the motorstorm target video they had shown in E3 , when the real time footage was shown some time ago ppl were highly disappointed as the real time footage was not near to what was shown in the prerenderd video. This is the reason i never join the fanboy sites like gap or some xbox fan site , they don't want to know about anything they may not like to know.
So wait for a real time footage of the game and hope its very near to what they tried to achieve.

Georgy_Can said:
And ya I know that Computer Which would be able to play that Game at more FPS then PS3 and better Graphics, I hope won't be less than $3000.Compared to $600.

That's very obvious .

Georgy_Can said:
And don't forget Games Like MGS4,Killzone,Motor Storm I don't think any PC can Play those games at Max For next three Years PS3 and Xbox 360 will be the King in Performance and Quality After that I can't say.

3 YEARS!!!!! ROTFLOL Even PCs and GPU available today have already overtaken the power available in "next-generation" consoles. According to Sony, the RSX is more than 2 6800 Ultras. The 7900GTX is already much "more" power than 2 6800 Ultras. By the middle of next year, probably before PS3 becomes widely available and decent games for it are available, comparable PCs will really have come down in price.
The Geforce 7900 gt 256mb pci is already as low as 239.99 (which IMO should be around as powerful as the RSX, since there are no exact comparisions).
The prices of processors has really come down too.
If you add up all these you will find that the price isn't really THAT high, for better you have to pay more.

but the next three yr thing is a big joke , lol .

OP
Georgy_Can

Georgy_Can

Broken In
tarey_g,
I understand what ur saying and I(would) agree with the first Coment(may be i was wrong but i don't think Motor Storm real time is really different) u said but not with the third 1 about 3 year console age.

Ok, I agree a 7900GTX maybe (a bit) better than RSX but u are not taking into account the Cell processor(think it as a 6 core CPU).But there ain't any processor that's that powerfull and i don't think this series Processors will Beat Cell processor (Core duo and AM2 based procc.) and u know games require a killer processor since some of the rendering is done by processor itself (physx in PS3).

Cell processor combined with 256 mb of ram @3.2 GHz will boost a lot of performance combined with RSX and this whole power used by The games not anyother Program compared to windows( remember vista, i tested it myself on my 3.0 ghz pc) + many other applications in Computers.

Until 3 years from now I don't see the Graphics of PS3 and Xbxo 360 becoming really old but after that i am sure PC will overcome.

I myself am a PC gamer, Since i have a 42 " HDTV i am going for PS3 to take full advantage.but when it starts to show its age i will go for Alienware PC's.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Georgy_Can said:
tarey_g,
I understand what ur saying and I(would) agree with the first Coment(may be i was wrong but i don't think Motor Storm real time is really different) u said but not with the third 1 about 3 year console age.

Until 3 years from now I don't see the Graphics of PS3 and Xbxo 360 becoming really old but after that i am sure PC will overcome.
First thing, I too like PS3 ...but ,
I suggest you download and observe the motorstorm target video from e3 again and the new real time one and figure out the enormous difference in the two.

Secondly ,
I think your three years of PC to catch the nex gen consoles are already over ,
Speaking at the Games Convention in Leipzig, Bernd Diemer, senior game designer of Crytek, explained that next-generation consoles don't offer enough computational power to run Crysis, German publication Heise reported.

Although Crysis will support both current and the next version of DirectX, the developer claims that only DirectX 10 allows the game to run as it was intended by the developers because the next-generation DirectX API, which will ship along Windows Vista, allows more effects and more objects to be drawn on the screen with a smaller computational cost for the hardware.

Diemer explained that "next generation consoles like the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3 do not offer the sufficient power" to assure the quality of gameplay Crytek demand for Crysis.
source :*www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EEVyZlVuyAQZhAwtfP.php

i hope the above link explains it all.

OP
Georgy_Can

Georgy_Can

Broken In
If that's true it will be really bad....It will suck actually.

But I am going for the console becoz of some games that are only exclusive to PS3 and I know that these games will be best played on PS3.

The other reason for me to buy a PS3 is that I have a FX5500(in my PC) which plays half life 2 @ 800X600(low).So this time I don't want it to be same with Half life Episode 2 and all the games listed below(although most of them r not on PC).
I could have never dreamed of playing these games on a 42" HDTV @ 1920X1080 progressive scan with Home theater sys.

These are all the reason for me to Buy PS3.But ya I am dissappointed that PS3 and 360 can't even play Crysis.(in case of power, if its true).

List of games that make me feel happy about PS3.Atlast games is what everone wants.
MGS4
Killzone
Motor Storm
Eight days
Gran Turismo
Stranglehold
Assassin's Creed
Resistance: Fall of Man
Resident Evil 5
Call of Duty 3
Project IM
Killing Day
F.E.A.R.
Medal of Honor: Airborne
Army of Two
Half-Life 2: Episode Two
Unreal Tournament 2007
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas
Warhawk
Devil May Cry 4
Formula One 06
Need for Speed Carbon
Ridge Racer 7

Games Goblin

Journeyman
runeet said:
u know pc gaming might even look affordable looking at the bomb of a price the ps3 is gonna be selling.

Amen to that!:rolleyes: Also, since pirated games are very eaisly available for the pc than the Xbox 360 (and PS3?) a whole lot of people will go in for the PC,
Also...... the PC supports mods, which gives a whole new lease of life to games you finished playing. Consoles can't do that.

But you just can't put a price of the experience of sitting comfortably in your couch, staring at your 21"......................42" TV, gripping your controller (maybe with your bro/sis right by your side trying 2 beat u) and having lots of fun!:razz:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom