PS2 or graphic card for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
Hello,
I have a budget of 8k . Which is better for now ? PS2 or graphics card for a PC ?

I have a p4 3Ghz 1024mb DDR333 . and 915 chipset mobo .
I dont think ps2 will get outdated in 2 yrs. What do you say ? Which is the better choice ?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
It depends on what games you like to play, coz Newer games Might not give full features, coz they are made for Next-Gen Consoles/systems.

take NFS Carbon as example, it doesnt feature Online Play for PS2 & you can compete with only 4-8 Opponents max.(not very sure, but sure that PS2 nfs C, doesnt support 20 cars at same time).

But on the other hand, as DX10 cards (mid-range) are not yet out, PS2 would be the safe bet.

montylee

Journeyman
sagargv said:
Hello,
I have a budget of 8k . Which is better for now ? PS2 or graphics card for a PC ?

I have a p4 3Ghz 1024mb DDR333 . and 915 chipset mobo .
I dont think ps2 will get outdated in 2 yrs. What do you say ? Which is the better choice ?

s18000rpm said:
But on the other hand, as DX10 cards (mid-range) are not yet out, PS2 would be the safe bet.

Man ,in which world r u living. PS3 is already out so PS2 is a dead duck. Not many PS2 games would be released on the PS2 now, so it is already outdated.

U shd buy a mid-range graphic card for now, and in future buy either a DirectX 10 based card or a console.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^ hey dude, i already put a reason to go for PS2 ==>"It depends on what games you like to play" (i.e., old games) :cool:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
optumsprime said:
ps2 is better becoz he is made for only gaming
That'd be a she :D

I dunno, depends on what all he does, I like to browse and play simultaneous and all that sorts, so I'd like a PC

bharathbala2003

why need title?
i too suggest a PS2 ok its getting outdated but then there are whole lot of games that havent been released on a PC but PS2 get those and fill ur time for a couple of months or even a yr then PS3 will drop in price ;)

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
so the conclusion is that new games are not going to be released for the ps2 .
i dont think i can change the gadget in just one year . which ever i buy , i want to buy i want to hang with it for 2-3 yrs. Also , i forgot to mention , i am intending to buy either of these in the month of may . I am hoping that the 7600GT would fall into my range by that time . What do u suppose ?
i dont think i can change the gadget in just one year . which ever i buy , i want to buy i want to hang with it for 2-3 yrs. Also , i forgot to mention , i am intending to buy either of these in the month of may . I am hoping that the 7600GT would fall into my range by that time . What do u suppose ?

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
For a decent 8k Dx 10 mid range card you will need to wait till May-June at the very very least.

Get a 7600GT for 8500 now if you want.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Maybe a DX10 mid-range card will be available in May.
I'm also going for one mid range card, in the meantime, i'm upgrading my Mobo to Intel 965 board with onboard GMA X3000 gfx. (DX10 compatible).

faraaz

Evil Genius
You play console games, buy console...its a no-brainer.

However, if you are going to be using a PS2 to play games that are available on a PC also...then I recommend picking up the video card!

mihirvashist

Journeyman
first thing first you won't get PS2 for 8K....its available for 13K with bill...
you can do with a good graphic card if you don't want to shed big bucks on consoles...besides a new graphic card will also enhance ur cinematic experience at ur computer.....

SolidSnake

Broken In
mihirvashist said:
first thing first you won't get PS2 for 8K....its available for 13K with bill...
you can do with a good graphic card if you don't want to shed big bucks on consoles...besides a new graphic card will also enhance ur cinematic experience at ur computer.....

13k? :shock: AFAIK it is available in Palika Bazaar;) (Nai Dilli) for ~ 6 - 6.5k ....:confused:

mihirvashist

Journeyman
SolidSnake said:
13k? :shock: AFAIK it is available in Palika Bazaar;) (Nai Dilli) for ~ 6 - 6.5k ....:confused:

hi i live in new delhi and let me tell you i have visited palika numerous times ...what you will get there is either chinese or smuggled ps2...that tooo without any warranty/guarantee card...you'll need to install a mod chip if you want to play ps2 games on it...(as you know pirated games can't be played on ps2 without a mod chip)...and let me tell you this forum follows an anti piracy policy so plz don't spread it.....

and yes you'll get a PLAYSTATION for 6.5k and not a PS2

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^Wrong. PS2 can bought at 6k, it depends on your Bargaining Power. :D

Last week i bought a PS2 for my little Cousin for Rs.6250 with 25 Game Titles as free. :D
I got the PS2 at such cheaper rate, coz i'm a regular customer to that Shop. (cant mention the Place or Shop name, as u said it was against Forum Rules) :D

OP
S

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
But PS2 is already getting outdated. Will companies go on releasing games for it? . ( The price here is 10k , neway , i can buy it ) . Since i am buying in may , do suppose that dx10 mid range cards wud have arrived by that time ? But in any case , i cant dream of buying a ps3 .

Further , suppose i can get a dx10 card , will it be better than a ps2 ?

PS
i have 915GL asrock mobo , will it support a dx10 card ? it has a pcie slot.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
DX10 card will be definately better than PS2, as its the Next-Gen API based cards.

I think, You have to change the M/B to DX10 compatible one, like the new Intel 965 series, some of the m/b based on 965 have GMA X3000 onboard gfx., which thru Flashing/Driver update.. can be made a DX10 version.

SolidSnake

Broken In
mihirvashist said:
hi i live in new delhi and let me tell you i have visited palika numerous times ...what you will get there is either chinese or smuggled ps2...that tooo without any warranty/guarantee card...you'll need to install a mod chip if you want to play ps2 games on it...(as you know pirated games can't be played on ps2 without a mod chip)...and let me tell you this forum follows an anti piracy policy so plz don't spread it.....

and yes you'll get a PLAYSTATION for 6.5k and not a PS2

Samajhane waale samajh gaye hain....j/k ;) :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom