Protect UR dataone password from stealers

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunprabhakar

In the zone
hello
these days many of people are facing problems of their dataone broarband passwords being stolen and ending up with huge bills with no fault of theirs.
there are many ppl who are claimimng to b able to hack the dataone passwords but most of them are stealers rather than hackers.

so all u need to do to protect ur password from stolen is these simple things:
1.) change ur default router password (admin :wink:) 90 % prob solved
2.) use ur rouer in bridge mode rather than pppoe mode so tht ur user id and password are not saved in router.
3.) enable firewall in ur router.

if u find these tips useful, then feel free to rep me.

regards
varun

sauravktr

Journeyman
Bakwas Tip !!! DO u ever try to steal anyones password through this methods??? Normal user use Modems & create Dial up PPoE connection.There are so many tools availble to find the passwords,& for router as i know that its not possible to enter in the router without password.Protect ur PC & Ur safe

ECE0105

In the zone
Well, even if you steal the password, BSNL Dataone can be accessed only from the Telephone line on which it is activated.

Your account will not work on my telephone line and similarly, mine wudn't work on yours.....

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
BSNL Dataone can be accessed only from the Telephone line on which it is activated.

Its not True !!

Not on all case... :p

This happens only with 900 UL and Business UL plans...

apart from that any other Data Cap plan can be run from any DataOne Enabled telephone line... :)

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
varunprabhakar said:
hello
these days many of people are facing problems of their dataone broarband passwords being stolen and ending up with huge bills with no fault of theirs.
varun
Can'nt BSNL Baboos use our DataOne Passwords in their own Homes.

sigma84

Right off the assembly line
Well actually it depends one can access even unlimited accounts as well as business 700 or 3000 account from other lines but sometimes some id`s can`t be accessed............so you should take every necessary step required to protect your id being misused !!!!!!!!!!;)

manmay

Journeyman
well i agree with varun prabhakar.... its a very simple trick to get the username and password of some other person....and his remedy is also very accurate....
i already use 2 of his 3 suggestions. i feel that 3rd is not needed if you are following the first two....

thanks for making ppl aware of this....

mikeon

ThE oNE & ONlY ??
Does enabling the firewall in the router have any adverse effects on performance and speed or any compatibility problems ??

ECE0105

In the zone
Desi-Tek.com said:
@ECE0105 if it is true than how i am able to use 2 different bsnl a/c? from my bsnl connection? :p

Is BSNL Giving two connections on the Same telephone line???

saikibryan

Journeyman
Desi-Tek.com said:
@ECE0105 well one of my friend purchased 100ids from bsnl line man @ Rs 100
and he gave me 3 to use :) @free
count me in also...
i guess port bonding...works only if ya hav UL900/business planz...
regards

Vivek788

In the zone
well....i don't know if u could just type in username and pass and use someone else's connection....won't there be any method to chek the exchange area???

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
ECE0105 said:
Well, even if you steal the password, BSNL Dataone can be accessed only from the Telephone line on which it is activated.

Your account will not work on my telephone line and similarly, mine wudn't work on yours.....

Wrong.

2 days ago I got new connection UL900. My password was not working so I asked my friend bittu for his password(He too has a UL900). And his password worked. After that I got my own password through their customer care.

Yeah but for password to work you must have a broadband connection(no matter which plan.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom