Programming:How to make GUI like games, Win Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
hi guys...
1st of all i am a hobby programmer. My languages are c/c++,VB,VB.Net,Java5,ASP.NET 2.0

I have designed a software and now i want to make a new interface for it.
The targeted audiance of the software are people with none or next to none computers experience. In my experience even 1st time people find it hard to navigate thru windows forms and dialogboxes. So i am thinking of developing a user interface(GUI) that would be very easy to navigate and look non-geeky for my software.

So, I want to desing an interface like in games and like in the MS Media center software. I have no idea how/where to begin. I dont mean a theme, if that is what u r thinking, as themes dont introduce effects like transitions, fades, glows etc.

I am sure hoping that i dont have to design the whole controls and there are some *free* resources available to use. In both cases a few nudges in the right directions would be highly appriciated.

Please advice.Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

DukeNukem

Come get Some
Few Months Back (12-24 lol) digit (or CHIP cant remem) give us a soft(ActiveX ctrl Package) didnt remember its name. THEY REALLY LOOK HOT'N'COOL when used with VB.

Will Search home and tell u tommarow

sakumar79

Technomancer
I believe it was Game Maker from *www.gamemaker.nl/

Though I am not sure if this is useful in this case...

Arun

DukeNukem

Come get Some
sakumar79 said:
Though I am not sure if this is useful in this case...
Arun

Yes You Are RIGHT.

By the way why dont you try DIRECTX SDK to Develop cool Interfaces for your App. Like GAMES

U'LL get Plenty of option using it for your hobby

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
hey guys for eg look at the awsome screensaver at *www.mewho.com/system47/

what i ment to say is that, say i have to actually make that interface for some software with the exact smooth effects and media/rich content filled interface. now how do i do that...

or simply how was that screensaver actually made. like in vc++ or using directx api or whatever...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom