Processor Vs Graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

visor619

i dont live, i survive
Hi Guys!!
have been bothering u all a lot... n thanks for all the suggestions u gave... the final question... n i need to decide tonight only... everything is vry clear n in the final list of notebooks, i have to make a sacrifice...
first, i can go with a HP 1.83 ghz processor along with 3gb ram and a 256mb 8400m GS

second, i can go wid a VAIO 2.10ghz processor along with 2gb ram n a 128mb 8400m GT...

i would personally hav gone for the HP one but wat scares me is the ages old processor they are giving(1.83).. so how much difference shud i expect between the 2?? which one shud i expect to giv a better performance?
n yes guys, i know dell is better, so no use suggesting a studio 15 or xps..
plz giv ur suggestions... im confused like hell..

Thanks in Advance...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
if the 2.1 Ghz one is t8100, then its far better than older 2.1Ghz C2Ds.
Penrynes are 45nm, consumes less power and runs cooler...also performs better due to a new instruction set Intel has employed.
nyways wats the cost of both?
Sony seems better.

OP
visor619

visor619

i dont live, i survive
@ dominator
ya the vaio is a t8100 penryne, whereas the HP one is a t5750 merom... but the thing is that wud the vaio giv me extra boost with a 2gb ram n a 128mb 8400GT than the HP one???

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
3GB wont be proper dual channel, but the 2Gb shud be in dual channel.
So T8100+2Gb dual channel+8400Gt wud be better than T5750+3GB+8400GS.

OP
visor619

visor619

i dont live, i survive
thanks dominator!! i personally was inclined more towards the vaio due to the 8100... but the hp showed a 1535mb shared VRAM against the 895mb of vaio.. but that doesnt matter much anyway.. i cannot expect gud gaming level graphics from both... the model il b going for is VGN FZ35G... will keep the dual channel thing in mind n upgrade later with 4gb...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom