Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Frens! Wats d difference between d newly launched Intel Pentium D Dual Core Processor and the Pentium Extreme Processor? I understand d 'dual core' concept. Any other difference? And if the Pentium D is on a 64 bit architecture, how will it affect the performance of the computer on which it is installed? Will applications designed to be installed and run on the 32 bit platform, work succesfully on a 64 bit platform???

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
The extreme edition dual core processor has hyperthreading enabled in each of its cores so that ur os sees 4 processors in total which means that u can run 4 threads in parallel. EE also has larger l2 and l3 cache.
Will applications designed to be installed and run on the 32 bit platform, work succesfully on a 64 bit platform???
Yes, they will. Some 32 bit progs are said run a bit faster as they will have more registers to play with. But the full potential of a 64bit system can be utilized only by running a 64bit os and 64bit apps on top of it.
But the reverse, that is running a 64bit app on 32-bit system, is not possible.

rajas700

Youngling
Thing are getting chaged (i.e. form 32 to 64 bit).
Vista also planned to suport only dual core Processor to get better result.

The real benefit of multicore processing is that it allows you to run multiple processor-intensive tasks at the same time. You could, for instance, run a game and a PVR program at the same time and experience minimal performance degradation. Running those programs on a single-core processor will likely result in choppy frame rates or poor video recordings.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Vista also planned to suport only dual core Processor to get better result.

Where did you get the information that Windows Vista is being planned to support only dual-core processors? So, the people with other processors like the Prescotts and the FX/AMD64 processors are supposed to stick to Windows XP only? Please confirm what you are saying with links, if possible, because I certainly couldn't find anything to this effect.

rajas700

Youngling
sorry

Sorry for the mistake Vista also planned to suport dual core Processor to get better result. Along with the Prescotts and the FX/AMD64 processors also support.

expertno.1

Technomancer
The Intel Pentium D is better as it will boos the performance of multi functional softwares

such as one time listening song , other downlaoding , other doing burning , and etc all at a time

crashuniverse

In the zone
multi taskin is easy wid P4 HT series too. cos i aslo has dual core processors. well but the main bosst is on running higher end apps, like vista. and games. there will be significant change in feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom