Processor for Encoding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

superuser

Broken In
Hello everyone

Please take little time to suggest me the following

My current Pc config is P III 933Mhz Proc + MSI mobo 40 Gb Hdd 256Mb Ram.Now The basic work of Mine requires ripping & encoding Dvds to Vcds and sometimes divx but with the current config it takes hours to rip a single dvd.So now I am planning to buy a new sys so pls suggest me the best and fastest processor based pc

PROC : should complete the work at earliest so should I buy Intel or Amd or any other or should I go for dual proc etc if it is feasable

+ compatible mobo,ram,etc etc ..........

Also tell me weather it there can be any harm in using such new proc (with adequate fans for cooling) continiously for ripping and encoding dvds or any work which requires constant cpu usage for a larger time? Can I be rest assured that no damage will done to cpu by doing such heavy work continiously for 8-10 hrs / day or more ????????? if req

What Implications will it have on cpu?? will its life get reduced or what..........?????

I guess you all understood what I meant to say so its your turn now................

G

gxsaurav

Any northwood P4 over 3 GHz will be nice

Only AMD64 above 3400+ is able to beat intel in encoding, which is costly a lot

I use a P4 3.06 GHz, with HT, it encodes a 700 MB, 1 Hr VCD to mpg again in 24 mins

OP
S

superuser

Broken In
Any northwood P4 over 3 GHz will be nice

Only AMD64 above 3400+ is able to beat intel in encoding, which is costly a lot

I use a P4 3.06 GHz, with HT, it encodes a 700 MB, 1 Hr VCD to mpg again in 24 mins

I had posted this Q a long ago and m very surprised that only 1 have replied!!!!!!!!! so what about the rest of the bosses ????????

DO U GUYS THINK THAT U SHOULD REPLY ???????

indro

In the zone
Yup he is right , but there is not a Hhhhuge difference between AMD and Intel in deconding considering the correcponding PR rating of an AMD chip , hardly a fraction of a second to a max of 10 secs diff , but imagine the scalability and other advantages of AMD64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom