PROBLEMS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Arthas

hi there to all of u
mine problem is a bunch of questions:-----

1. What is a virtual memory?How does it affects a system?What is the best suitable settings of virtual memory with a machine with 128 mb of RAM

2. Most of the times when i try to access Digit Forum and other websites my browser (IE6 & Firefox) cant display it. I have a 33.6 kbps modem.

3. When ever i try to view Digit cd (from FEB onwards ) With my SAMSUNG combo drive it doesnt autoplay.also when i double-click the drive icon my system hangs which is only stooped when i remove the cd.all other cds and dvds work fine.the trobling digit cds work fine in my other friednds combo drive.

plz provide the solutions as fast as possible

paul_007

Padawan
answer 1)
virtual memory is system memory that is simulated by the hard drive. When all the RAM is being used (for example if there are many programs open at the same time or some application or games require more RAM) the computer will swap data to the hard drive and back to give the impression that there is slightly more memory.

u can set it to any amount, depending on ur application and capacity of ur hard disk , i have set it at 900 MB in 20 GB hard disk

answer 2)
i think ur problem is due to ur slower modem speed , otherwise digit site opens at very fast speed, i am using 48 KBPS connection

answer 3)
i think shockwave flash player is not installed in ur pc because DIGIT CD autorun is a flash animation so please install latest version of shockwave flash

sakumar79

Technomancer
For point 1 - > The amount to set virtual memory depends on the kind of tasks that you are running. Typically, it is recommended to set the value of Pagefile to about 2 to 2.5 times RAM present. Therefore, in your case, you can set it to 256 MB. By setting it to a fixed size (after defragmenting your harddisk), you will get a fixed page file that is continuous, which is likely to provide a small (but sometimes unnoticable) boost to the system performance. However, if you use your computer for heavy gaming or other heavy computationally intensive works, you should let Windows to manage the page file size...

Arun

::vicky::

In the zone
if u r using windows 200 then u will be having shockwave problem for this go to the macrmedia website and install latest version of flas player dont install it from digit cd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom