problems with new AMD system.HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tamalsen

Broken In
Hi there.

I got a brand new system with the following configuration:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+ /512KB Cache/2000 MHzFSB/Socket 939 2 * 512 MB DDR TRANSCEND RAM 400 MHZ MSI K8N SLI Platinum M/B - nForce4 SLI - Socket 939 XFX GeForce 6600 graphics Card 256 Mb Memory Western Digital Sata 7200 rpm 80gb HDD.

I've installed XP Prof.( 32 bit), but I am unable to install any drivers. Inserting a driver CD causes the system to stop, and restart. Double clicking the CD has the same effect. I've been unable to install anything beyond the motherboard drivers.
I was able to install the sound drivers though.I also managed to play and audio cd from the cd rom.But everything else,any cd of any kind just makes the system restart.

I havnt been able to put my rams in dual channel mode cause it seems to make my system restart over and over again.My SMPS is 450 watts but is only 20 pins instead of 24 pins.
This is what MSI recommends-
• Both power connectors, JPWR1 (24 Pin) & JPWR2 (4 Pin, for CPU Power ) must be attached to this model to ensure operation of the Mainboard.
• A Power Supply of 450 watts, or above, is highly recommended for system stability.
• ATX 12V power connection should be 18A or greater.
• For this model, you must use a Power Supply which has a -5V pin supply.
in my case as i mentioned it is only 20 pin instead of the 24 pin.
and the 12v power supply shows 10A beside it in the sticker of the smps.
Would changing to the specified SMPS solve my problem??
Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
advise on this PLEASE!

Well,after doing incessant search for the proper psu i went in to buy one...but would you believe it they did not have single one which matches the specs??antec was available in only one shop but way over my budget.I found one server class psu-i need your advice on that.It is from a company called e-life and is 600 watts.the +12v rail has 25A power and the +3.3v has 30A.what i want to know is that if i buy this psu,will it fry my system???this is the only one available other than the antec.other 500 watts psu that are available either do not have the 24 pin or end up not having 18A in the +12v rail.My motherboard needs at least 18A in the +12v rail.I am deeply worried about this and i would be very greatfull if you could provide any feedback on this.PLEASE help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom