Problems With Moniter!!!! PLZ Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

I've a problem which i dont knw where da cause lies...
I have a Intel 2.4 Mhz. 512 MB RAM, Asus P4VP-MX MOBO, 160 GB Hard Disk n a 256 MB Geforce FX 5200 graphics card.... but my computer wont boot!!! When i remove the graphics card the computer works perfectly.... but when i connect da moniter 2 da graphics card it wont boot... though my computer is upgraded my moniter is old its, a LG Studioworks 552V moniter...
I jst want 2 knw tat can n out-dated moniter cause such problems??? or is bcoz of da moniter socket in da graphics card or da AGP slot in da MOBO??? PLZ HELP!!!!!

vandit

In the zone
I dont think there is any problem with the moniter or the card.... but I think it is a compatibility issue.... any other members got the same config.???? try and test the card on ur friends pc...this way u'll come to know whether there is a prob. with the card or it is a another compatibility prob......

john_the_ultimate

No pain....No gain
This shouldn't be a problem but I think that ur gfx is 8x agp and ur mobo has an 4x agp slot so there could be voltage problem.
The 4x agp (AGP 2.0) has 1.5V whereas the 8x slot (AGP 3.0) has 0.8V. So sometimes this could be the problem.
Though 8x card is backward compatible to 4x,2x,1x but sometimes problem arises.
Since ur monitor is working, its fine, don't worry.
So get a 4x card or try another 8x gfx card and see if it works.

krish

Journeyman
Are u sure that the system is not booting. It may be booting, but the display is not there. You can try to switch your primary display device to AGP instaed of on-board from BIOS.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Also try installing correct driver for the graphics card after uninstalling the drivers for onboard graphics.

OP
H

hell_storm2004

Broken In
Hi Everyone,

Well i got my pc booting.... i dont knw hw... all i did was change a BIOS setting in the Plug-n-Play devices section... there was an option called "Plug-n-Play OS" which was set to "NO" n i changed it to "Yes" n my computer booted for da first time in 5 days!!! then i formatted my drive n reinstalled windows n all da drivers but when i installed a game started it there was no display!!! i can hear the sounds of the game running in da background but there's jst no display!!! i dont knw hw this is happening as all of my drivers r installed properly!!! PLZ Help!!!!

Thanx for all the suggestions Guys!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom