Problems burning vcd

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I converted a 1.6GB avi file to mpg, splitting each file at 700MB.
Now, whenever i try to burn it to a VCd, always, the cd shows the capacity as 617MB whereas the AVseq1.dat shows 708MB (max. capacity of disk is 702). All vcd files are present, but on putting cd on a vcd player, it says NO Disk. Why is this happening?
2. Is is because im using a CD-RW? Or do i have to shorten the mpg file to 680MB or something like that?

I have burnt the vcd using nero, but whenever i ask it to verify after burning: It gives me:
xxxx sector doesnt match source and finally" Burning failed".
There is data on the disk & i can view it using Intervideo Windvd, just that i want to play it on a VCD player.

phatratt

In the zone
the mistake lies in the media.If u burn a movie on a blank cd-rw the VCD player simply refuses to play.Even i had expiremented by burning a cdrw as an audio cd and pop it in a cd player,it simply fails to recgonies.

But,most modern DVD players can recgonise cdrw disks,try playing it on a DVD player(latest one)

satbir

Broken In
i agree............most cd players do not support CD-RW... not even in mp3 format......... i think its better if u burn the file on to a CD-R and then try playing it in ur cd player.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
I beg to differ.Most modern players support CD-RW playback also.
The error shown by Nero indicates that it's most certainly a media problem,so u can try using another disk.

satbir

Broken In
thats quite possible.......... i experimented using my 1 yr old cd player......... and it didn't support an CD-RW disk....... probably the new players do support the RW disks.......... n yrana try using a brand new RW disk......... if still ur player shows a 'no-disk' then it means atleast ur player doesn't support the RW disks so u'll have to burn the files on a CD-R ...... as an alternative.... u can buy a new player which supports CD-RW( which would be quite expensive ofcourse)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom