intel D845GVSR
SAMSUNG 80 GB HD
SONY combodrive
microsoft keyboard & mouse
Samsung SyncMaster 591s 15" monitor
sony floppy drive
D-Link modem

i have 2 problem

If i connect my harddisk or combodrive as primary/Secondary slave ,monitor doesn't on (ie unable to enter BIOS setup)

I tried to diff. hard disks still having problem

But i tried with a samsung CD-writer, it detected as slave ...no problem

Both the LED bulbs r still on
ie..my harddisk LED bulb is always on

I seperate the front panel of my cabinet and connect the hdLED to my friend's mother board..Ha no problem, the LED is on only when read the harddisk

==========================================

In first case i tried with all jumper settings still having problem....Is it the problem of my motherboard?
Help me...if u can

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Dude be specific..
Clearly tell what all you have tried, mentioning the jumper settings as well as the IDE (primary / scondary) in each case.
Then we might be able to help you

mkpaul

Broken In
for your 1st problem,

your machine is running ok with samsung cd writer. that means your motherboard is ok. I think there must be something wrong with your combo drive. Attach the combo drive in your friends machine, if the problem remains then your combo drive must need to repair or change.

your 2nd problem:

check whether +ve and -ve ends of your HDD led and power led is connected properly. I have seen if these contacts attached incorrectly then the led remains always on.

OP
J

JIJO

Broken In
help !!

1 st problem:
I test with 2 other harddisks connect as primary slave (test also 2 cases: put jumber as slave and w/o jumber).....no chance...my monitor doesn't on
same effect also with sec. slve

(but if it is connect as master --> OK fine)

other Test:

I seperate my motherboard(keep ram,processor with MBoard) and connect to my friend's smps -->same effect

2nd problem

i try to +ve and-ve interchange -->no chance
i said above that--the LED is work fine with my friend's motherboard..

=============================================
I hope that u realize my problems.
Help needed.....
Thanks in Advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom