problem writing cds in combo drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
I have Samsung sm 352n combo drive , 2 years old
It was working fine, but from last 5-6 dyays it is not working.
The reading function of cd/dvd is working, but i cant write the cds.
while writing cds the cd keep spinning and the speed keeps on varying from very high to low (detected by sound of spinning) and no data is written
I have tried sevearal burning soft but it didnt work.
Wht may be the prblem,
as it reads the cds/dvds but cant write cds.

OP
kjuvale

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
pathiks said:
does it give a data calibration error....
or wat error does it give....

What exaclty happens is , when istart burning, after catching of data is done there is no further progress and cd keeps speening and nothing happens (i wait for more than 5-6 min) no burning starts, and when using disc at once mode it keep spinning at leadin step after catching data.
so no error is given as i have to remove disc after waiting for much time.

tehnogeek

Broken In
even i had the same problem few days before. i gave it to the customer care , they got me this repaired. I think it's a lens problem as u said the cd is spinning and u r able to read cds.

Someone told me that it happens when u use low quality media, on frequient use the quality of lens gets effected beacuse the chemical coating that these media use is not upto the standard. Another reason may me ur drive was exposed to dust.

Third Eye

gooby pls
It's time to buy a new CD-DVD RW.i have benq cd-dvd rw but it's not working properly.

Last edited:
OP
kjuvale

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
tehnogeek said:
even i had the same problem few days before. i gave it to the customer care , they got me this repaired. I think it's a lens problem as u said the cd is spinning and u r able to read cds.

Someone told me that it happens when u use low quality media, on frequient use the quality of lens gets effected beacuse the chemical coating that these media use is not upto the standard. Another reason may me ur drive was exposed to dust.

I gave my drive to service center he , after checking he told the part costs about 800rs and its not available now anywhere and will take time to obtain.

So i am planning to buy new dvd writer, Please suggest me one withe approx. price.
thanks for all replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom