Problem with wmv files in ubuntu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
Greetings.!!

Today, I tried playing some wmv files in gutsy gibbon but Totem failed to play them at all .. just a blank screen. VLC just closed down when I tried to play the file.After scourging the net a bit, I found something like changing Output Modules to X11 to make it work.Did that and the video played but the playback was something like this:
*img88.imageshack.us/img88/3526/screenshotvk8.th.png
Had a look at at this link which tells to install ubuntu-restricted-extras.But I already have them installed.!!The other codecs I tried were gstreamer, w32codecs [from medibuntu] but no luck .. :(

Looking forward for some solution.

Regards,
shady_inc.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
1) Have you tried the video in MPlayer? [.. mplayer plays more codecs formats than any other..]
2) Have you installed all codes? [...all those things having 'good','bad' and 'ugly' in the package names..]
3) It appears its a specific game video in which case certain codecs(read Windows only) are used to render it
4) If you could provide a link(or pm me) of the video, I could give it a try.

Note: I'm on Fedora and I can play any type of formats.

praka123

left this forum longback
make sure u have the 2D video atleast supported.
in mplayer,right click option to select video=xv,enable other options which can be enabled.for eg:if u have DRI working,u can enable most options in video section of mplayer preferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom