FasTrack

Journeyman
I installed xp yesterday, i previously had 98se

now, suddenly a dialog box shows up which shuts down my system after one minute

it says

c:\windows\system32\lsass.exe is missing

terminated unexpectedly with status code 107374109

and waits for a minute and restarts automatically

kindly help me and let me know how do i get rid of this.

OP
F

FasTrack

Journeyman
More clearly it's like this

the dialog box which shows up says the system is hsutting down.

please save all work in progress

this was initiated by NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

ShekharPalash

Web Entrepreneur
It's SASSER WORM!!!

A VIRUS...

Check ur system for viruses using ur antivirus....

keep ur windows updated...

appply sp2 in ur XP..

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
norton's page
*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.b.worm.html

its removal tool
*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sasser.removal.tool.html

OP
F

FasTrack

Journeyman
How do i format the drive in which i have installed win xp

How do i boot in DOS mode ????, my os is win xp

i guess i would format the c: and re-install xp all over again

casanova

The Frozen Nova
boot with the win xp cd. follow on screen instructions. format c:.if u r not planning to use win9x or win me format it in ntfs mode. then just complete the installation.

allajunaki

Journeyman
No need to Reinstall Xp dear,
All u have to do is Remove the Sasser worm... Apply SP2 Update to XP (Or @least Enable XP's Firewall on ur LAN and Dialup...)
I would recommend u to use a good antivirus (I personally like AVG) and a Good firewall. (XP builtin is ok, SP2's Upadate has a new firewall.. Its great!!..) otherwise use Zonealarm...

Unfortunatly if u go online without a firewall ur system gets infected in 10 Mins or so... (XP has a critical Flaw), So use a firewall...!

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
allajunaki said:
Unfortunatly if u go online without a firewall ur system gets infected in 10 Mins or so... (XP has a critical Flaw), So use a firewall...!

I hope you meant if you go online without SP2, that is. :D And without SP2, XP does not have "a" critical flaw. Its got tons and tons of them and then some more :D But if you install SP2, and pop in a good AV/firewall (Windows Firewall is crap, not to mention tha billion and one compatibility issues with all imaginable programs) then your system is sealed tighter than a.... well, never mind...., its sealed tight :wink: :D
Fastrack, get SP2 and create a slipstreamed CD and then live happily ever after (until the next Patch Tuesday, that is) :D

G

gxsaurav

Could be blaster too, I remember, last year when BLaster came out, I baught this PC, & after installing windows with no AV & Firwall I wen't to Windows Update & was infected to blaster, I removed blaster via Ad-Aware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom