problem with win xp account help ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhasbajpai

Asterisk enthusiast
hi
i am havin a p4 2.8 on OI 865gbf with 512 RAM with 80 gb samsung and 20 gb segate pata HDD
i am running win xp sp2
yesterday my ups triped frocing the system to reboot
when rebooted it showed regestry error
and trying to make it work with recovery console and every thn faild
so i reinstalled the win
now win is ntfs (previously also it was on ntfs) my computer was used by other members of the faimly so i locked my my document folder by winxp facility so that othe account even if they are havin administrator prvilidge
now when reinstalled the windows i can see in documents and setting folder but i cant access it i hav also made account with same name and password but i cant access it coz' window has by itself has add few charactors to the same account and mades it the new account the diffrent one
so i just want to know if there is any chance to get back the data form my old account
help needed despreritly
PS i can access old accounts my documents easly as they were not locked

Vyasram

The pWnster
1. Goto control panel > Folder Options>View and UNCHECK the last option (Use simple File Sharing).

2.Now Right Click My Documents in the doc and setting folder and select properties and click the security tab.

3.Click "add" and then click on "advanced" and then click on "find now"

4.Now select ur present username and click ok

5.Now it will close and ask u to set permissions, check everything in "allow" and uncheck everything in "deny" at the properties window. That's it :)

optional: click on My documents in ur desktop and clikc properties and click on move and move it to ur previous My documents location

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom