problem with vista image

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

ponzi

i have a version of vista enterprise that is in the form of an iso image!!
i hv no dvd riter and its wrth 3.96gb
cn i load it w/o a disk..
i mean by using smthing like daemon tools or sm other virtual drive dat will be identified when loading?
plz help

Last edited by a moderator:

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
I guess Nope,U need a DVD-ROM with/without a writer for vista to be installed and I think Virtual Drive will not Help u,But the ONLY option is to use any virtualization soultion like vmware/virtual pc and give a Test-drive to vista :)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
daemon/alcohol 120% ... both will make the iso readable ... and u can run it .... but it is better to have it on another media ... not sure whether ul b able to install it

OP
P

ponzi

oh damn!
neways.. thnx guys fr ur help!!!
ill try and borrow one or else do smthing else abt it

shantanu

Technomancer
where did you download it !!! its not available LEGALLY!!! in illegal things >>>>> thats not good... to download Illegal and use it.. thats BAD

buy a version

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
rakeshishere, mAV3, Tech_geek = wrong advice.

Dudes WTH! how are you helping that guy , Everybody is giving him wrong advice here . The image can be mounted on a virtual drive and through it you can install the OS , When you first run the setup from you xp OS for vista from the virtual drive , it caches all the necessary files to run the setup after PC has restarted , that means any interaction from the drive is not needed after the PC restarts during installation.

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
tarey_g said:

Dudes WTH! how are you helping that guy , Everybody is giving him wrong advice here . The image can be mounted on a virtual drive and through it you can install the OS , When you first run the setup from you xp OS for vista from the virtual drive , it caches all the necessary files to run the setup after PC has restarted , that means any interaction from the drive is not needed after the PC restarts during installation.

First of all trying to assist "Piracy" itself is wrong here.

OP
P

ponzi

uhh
i just realised smthing..
does smthing known as vista 'enterprise' exist coz on the MS site i cn nly see vista buisness, no enterprise..
by any chance is it the open beta version?

rakeshishere

HELP AND SUPPORT
tarey_g said:

Have u ever Tried this?:rolleyes: ..It hasnt worked 4 me coz i have tried it long way back;)

@ponzi,See Windows Vista Enterprise Edition for more Details and Vista Business and Vista Enterprise are the same :)

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
rakeshishere said:
Have u ever Tried this?:rolleyes: ..It hasnt worked 4 me coz i have tried it long way back;)

@ponzi,See Windows Vista Enterprise Edition for more Details and Vista Business and Vista Enterprise are the same :)

I works , i had installed it this way ,the Public beta 2 and the other releases. It works this way and perfectly.

@Kiran_tech_mania , i don't know what image he has(and i dont care) . May be public beta 2 free to try or may be not, even he is not clear. I know the solution to his question an i answered it. Whats the prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom