Problem with Viewsonic VG 1921 WM!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
:-(

Please help me out friends. I have been using the Viewsonic Widescreen for almost 4-5 months now. I am facing the below problems :

1) Whenever my machine illegally shuts down, the native resolution changes
from 1440*900 to 800*600. I cant figure it out why this is happenning.

2) Whenever I play DOTA or CS 1.6 at 1024*768 and 800*600 respectively,
withinh 20-30 mins my machine completely freezes and I hv to restart the
system manually.

I have posted this problem before bt didnbt get any good solution. Hope, this time, I wont be disappointed.

P.S. :- At the beginning also, I faced such problem bt putting the native
resolution to 1024*768 solved the problem temporarily while playing
games.

I checked the temps. All are well n good. CPU - 46 C. Gfx - 56 C.
MOBO - 35 C

The problem is really mind blowing coz I participate in tourneys and for the last week, I wasnt able to play either of those two games :mad: :-( .

The most surprising part is that when I play STALKER, HL2-EP1 etc at 1280*1024/ 1440*900 with evry graphics details max., I dont face any problems at all:confused: :confused: .

So plz guyz, do help me out in this matter.

Thanks to all of u :).

assasin

Banned
i dont think its a prob with the monitor.cud be a driver issue or a gfx card issue.ur pc wont freeze if ur monitor is at fault.
wat gfx card do u hav??

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
^^^

Same thought here, I would say try and see if any OS update is available there and off course update the GRFX drivers !!!

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
I have installed latest grfx driver from nvidia website. bt still having probs.

Everything is working well n good except of playing those two games :(:(.

I am using XP Service Pack 2 and XFX 7900GT 256 MB. Do u really think an OS update can help?

Previously I was told that some games dont support widescreen. Is it true for these two games,i.e., CS 1.6 and DOTA?

Will buying the original CD/DVD of the games sort out the problem?

Last edited:
OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
I have tried a lot of games as:

NFS MW
DOOM 3
FARCRY
MAFIA
NFS CARBON
STALKER
HL2 EP 1
POP WARRIOR WITHIN

Bt while playing these games I didnt face ny problem at all.
Even when I installed CS for the 1st time, I was facing similar probs and I changed my native resolution to 1024*768 and the game ran fine in 800*600.
There was no issues at all.
The same case was there for DOTA, too [I tried playing DOTA in 1152*864*32 as the game has decent graphics but my machine refused to run more than 30 mins :( ] and everything was problem free for a couple of months.

Bt now, the same problem has come back again and I desperately need any solution.Plz help me out:(.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^^^ Try to install patch for those games if any.
Also install latest viewsonic monitor drivers.
If the prob presists try uninstalling viewsonic monitor drivers & play those game.

I haven't played those games but whenever I install viewsonic monitor drivers for my VG921m non wide screen- with my new 650 mobo & 7300 gs gfx card the monitor abnormally flickers very often -

but previously that issue doesn't occur with my 845 mobo & 5200 gfx with monitor drivers installed

So I don't & install & use monitor drivers now.

assasin

Banned
@bullzi i've played most of the games on that list on my 1912wb and i didnt face any probs.i had the monitor drivers installed.

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
sorry but, does it look good playing 4:3 games on a widescreen?

i mean LCDS have specific pixels unlike CRTs ...
wont the thing get pixelated if palyed @ incorrect resolution...

pls correct me if i am wrong...

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Its as topgear said. Patch the game to the latest. Then only the game cud work better with todays gcards better.
The latest patched CS 1.6 can easily detect widescreen resolutions.
But older versions had issues with videscreen resolutions.

OP
B

BULLZI

Ambassador of Buzz
thnx to everyone for their suggestions :).thts really helpful.i ll try installing latest patch and run those games.

@aravind
it seems tht u participate in multiplayer game tourneys.if its true, then u must know that the importance of resolution in CS 1.6 is very high.
i hv to play the game at 800*600 only as thts what i am familiar with :).

yesterday, i uninstalled all display drivers and reinstalled them. after that, i was able to play two matches in DOTA without probs bt the system froze again during the third match:(.

i ll search for DOTA as well as CS 1.6 patches bt if anyone already knows any link, posting it will be really helpful:).

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@BULLZI
its better to train at higher resolutions in CS 1.6, coz @800x600 the crosshair distractions due to recoil is very annoyin at itll only come back to normal[the pointed one] with some delay.
And todays even any below average PC cud easily handle CS 1.6 @ 1440x900 without ny lag. Also use OpenGL rendered nd dun use D3D coz of many issues.
Even if D3D looks better, use only opengl.
I know game experience change a lot with resolutions. Hike up the mouse sensitivity at higher resolutions.
The latest patched CS 1.6 has an additional option for widescreen enabling which can be activated via a tick mark on the video properties page.

I hate DOTA, so dun know bout that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom