Problem With ViewSonic 19" LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

weftr100

Random Username
I had purchased a ViewSonic 19" LCD Monitor just a couple of days back. The dealer assured me that he would replace it it if did not work properly. Now I have this irritating problem when I changed the resolution:

# One half of the screen appears to be brighter than the other.
# If I try to change the resolution again, the screen just turns black when I click on apply and I have to reboot.
# When trying to run DOS applications/games the screen goes black and I have to reboot.
# When restarting windows, the screen just goes blank after shuting down windows. I have to reboot.
# If I press the restart button on the cabinet, the blank screen does not change. I have to cut the power and start the PC again (ie); I have to switch the UPS off and on. Then only the monitor works fine.

So should I go for a replacement or can thidsd be fixed? I'm not able to read comfortably.
BTW how does the power key work on this monitor? I'm not able to switch it off!

My config is:
C2D E6420
1 GB DDR2 RAM
Intel DG965RY MoBo
Display : Onboard Intel GMA X3000

Someone please help!

Please help!

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
whats ur monitors model no?

1>just tilt the monitor a bit and i think u wont see any diff.
2>driver prob.

most of ur other probs seem to be due to incompatible drivers.if u can borrow a pci-e gfx card from one of ur frnds then borrow it and try it in ur pc.u sudnt hav any probs then

OP
W

weftr100

Random Username
1>just tilt the monitor a bit and i think u wont see any diff.
2>driver prob.

NO, both did not work.

Please do try with another monitor just to make sure it's not the display chipset/driver on the computer!

Yes tried it, The problem must be with the monitor.

Please help fast, the dealer says that he wont have another monitor for anther 20 days!

weftr100 said:
NO, both did not work.

Yes tried it, The problem must be with the monitor.

Please help fast, the dealer says that he wont have another monitor for anther 20 days!

Dude.. stop worrying.. you are within warranty. Get it replaced. If the dealer can't provide you another one right now. Ask him to give you the money back and keep the monitor with him. If he disagrees, try getting in touch with viewsonic and try to get a direct replacement. After all, it's a manufacturer warrantly, not a dealer warranty.

OP
W

weftr100

Random Username
I got the monitor replaced today. Looks like the monitor shipment arrived sooner than expected. :)
Now things are back to normal. Thanks for your help.

Here's my advice to those who are buying a LCD for the first time - Don't go by the flashy looks and the clarity on the screen. Do some research and then buy when you're sure! Like an idiot i bought it hastily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom