Problem with video editing from Sony Handycam

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hi,

I am not sure of which section in which I should post my query but I thought that Software troubleshooting would be the most appropriate. If the mods think that it should be posted elsewhere, then please move this thread to a more appropriate place.

A relative of mine has a IBM thinkcenter PC. Recently they went on a long trip to south India and returned a few days back. They have taken lots of pictures using their digital camera which have been successfully downloaded to the PC and burnt to a CD. The PC also has a Sony DRU-810A DVD writer (dual layer). Now the problem is that the video is on the tape of the handycam and we want to burn it to a blank DVD. We could only find options to directly burn the video on the tape to a CD-R/DVD-R.

Is there any option to edit the same video? The video needs a little video editing as are some redundant areas. We want to remove some areas and also add some header titles and stuff like that. Is this possible with Picture Package?

I had suggested some other 3rd party softwares like Adobe Premiere trial version or the program from Pinnacle. But there are two reasons why that is not possible at the moment. First, they do not have broadband, and secondly they are completely novice in computers and stuff.

I have never used a handycam, let alone transfer it to a PC and edit the same and then burn it to a CD/DVD. Although I can do the other parts, I am not able to edit the video with the Picture Package software.

Can someone guide me as to how to do it?

Any help will be greatly appreciated...thanks!

puja399

In the zone
Since there seems to be a lot of constraints like, no knowledge about handycam, no broadband, no knowledge in computer and obviously in video editing, lack of software, etc. I suggest that u give the mini-cassette to a good video editor who does editing commercially, and he will do all the hard work including voice-over etc., and give u back a nice DVD. U hv to pay for about 1000/- per DVD though, but the result will be much better, and won't have any headache too.

OP
abhijit_reddevil

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Hello I only wanted to know is there any option in the picture package software for video editing and if yes, how to do it?

Is there any possibility that the PC detects the camera as just another storage device and I can simply copy the data to the HDD and do the editing later with some other s/w like Premiere and then write the data on the media? I only found one option on the LCD display of the camera as 'burn CD/DVD' and ipon pressing those, the data gets transferred first to the PC (God knows in which location), gets encoded and then is written directly on the media with no option in between to edit it.

All the above happens when both are connected through the USB port and I enable 'USB streaming' on the program...

eddie

El mooooo
I am sure there must be a way to transfer this video to HDD, but we would have been in better position to help you if you had mentioned the make, model and manufacturer of the camera. Also since you know all the info did you check the manufacturer's website to see if something like this is available?

G

gxsaurav

U can transfer the video to computer, as DV files, but for this u need transfer software like either sony provided or Premiere pro, also, if the handycam has USB port only then it is possible, else u will need something which can accept video-in like a Tv Tuner card or Capture card

I suggest that U go to some VCD or DVD studio, those who generally make marrige video CDs etc, & pay him & get a DVD made, then copy that dvd (MPG2) file to your HD & then edit using Premiere Pro 2.0 or Avid Liquid

wmc26

Right off the assembly line
You shd buy a DV Cable...connect Handycam to PC with DV cable & capture the Video by Windows movie maker.

U can also edit it in Windows movie maker or you can also download VideoStudio 10 from www.ulead.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom