Problem with USB port or webcam ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chanduthebest

Broken In
Please help!!
I have installed a new USB port (the thing with 2 ports and wires to be atteched to mother board) i tried to connect my webcam(twinkle cam) to it,
it did not work(even after installing twinkle cam's software),, i tried to connect it with my friends computer but it worked fine there... whats the problem? is there a problem with my webcam or the port?
please help!

technoteen

Journeyman
i think you may need to enable the onboard usb ports from the bios options of your motherboard

go to the bios options when your mahcine boots. there the onboard usb ports enable option is generally listed in the peripherials option

technoteen

Journeyman
hit delete as soon as you start your machine, there you will see a menu, just browse through it to find the option for onboard usb ports and enable them, then exit saving the changes

technoteen

Journeyman
chanduthebest said:
i enabled the option called "peripherals controller"
but nothing works,,,what do i do ?

this web cam makes me angry,

i think you are mistaken, you need to enable the onbard usb ports which is genreally listed in peripherials section. you shuld check for it your motherboard manual

also hope you have properly connected the connectors and refer the manual if you need to change any jumper settings

OP
C

chanduthebest

Broken In
there was no option like "onboard usb ports" in the peripheral section, the options were only -peripheral controller and other about peripheral keyboard option,,

amitsaudy

Ambassador of Buzz
Are you sure that your chipset drivers are properly installed.
If u r using windows XP then install sp2 to enable the USB 2 ports

swatkat

Technomancer
Right-Click My Computer, go to Properties and there to Device Manager. Here check that there are any entries like "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" or something like that. If you dont have, check your Motherboard CD, it may have the drivers.

A

anurag_online

Well lets see what i can say... hmmmm
ya 1st of all uninstall anything if you installed for the cam... as this is a USB device you have to install the software 1st from the cd... When it will be installed it will ask for the device... Plug it... If still it dont work try another USB device on the Port... If still no responce throw the port on your vendors face and ask for new... if it works do the same with your cam and ask for new SIMPLE NA :wink:

technoteen

Journeyman
chanduthebest said:
the device manager shows :
1: intel 82801 USB universal host controller
2.usb root hub

and nothing else

usb root hub - this indicates that the onboad usb has been enabled,
but your machine has usb 1.0 and not usb 2.0
usb 1.0 is very slow and does not have all the features of usb2.0 which is the current arcitechure for usb
so you can think of buying a usb card which is a pci card which has usb ports intalled on it

also if you provide the manufacturer and model name of your mothernoerd, i may be able to help you better

theraven

Technomancer
make sure uve connected the "port" correctly to the mobo
try using any ONBOARD usb ports if u have any !
hwo many ports does ur mobo support ?
by default and as an extenstion ?
check ur mobo manual and let us know
also give ur mobo model name

sometimes mobo's can have connections ( like even an IR connection ) but these can be optional
if u have a real old comp it might be optional !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom