Problem with SEUS

Status
Not open for further replies.

manusag

Journeyman
whenever i try to run update service i m getting the following error
*img217.imageshack.us/img217/3828/errorww6.jpg

But i have already installed flash player v9. Can somebody throw some light?

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
You need to install it for IE. Just go to Adobe's website through IE (preferably IE7) and then download the latest flash player for it and install it. Then run SEUS again.

This same thing happened to me too and I was puzzled as I had Flash player installed for Firefox. But later I realised that we need to install the Flash player for IE for SEUS to work. I think when we install Flash players for browsers other than IE, the Flash player is limited to that browser only. But when we install the Flash player for IE, it gets enabled throughout Windows and other apps which require Flash player can also use it.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Uninstall all the Flash players on your PC and then install it again for IE. It should work.

OP
M

manusag

Journeyman
ok i hav uninstalled the foll.:
adobe shockwave player
adobe flash player plugin
adobe flash player activex
adobe air
ill now reinstall n post d results soon

oops aftr reinstalling m still getting the same error

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
OK now I give up! :p I told you the same procedure that worked for me. But somehow it is not working for you.

I hope you are using IE7 and your are downloading the Flash player through IE7. As one last attemp, try to uninstall and re-install SEUS. :D

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Actually the Flash part is only used for the interface and fancy animations in SEUS. SE could have avoided it completely by making a simpler interface that did not require Flash. You'll know what I'm saying if you ever manage to get it to work. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom