Problem with screen resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

pradeepbp

A human, I use Ubuntu
I recently purchased an LCD monitor - Samsung SyncMaster 732NW. I can get a resolution of 1440x900 in WinXP (my machine dual boots), but the maximum resolution I can get in FC 7 is 1280x1024 and display is distorted. But things are better in WinXP with resolution of 1440x900. How can i achieve a resolution of 1440x900 in FC 7?

CadCrazy

in search of myself
what is your config(gfx card). Get the latest version FC9 due on 14 th. It will definately solve your problem

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Abe tum to chor ho kahin se bhi chura loge link. I am waiting for official GNOME CD(Not DVD) release

OP
pradeepbp

pradeepbp

A human, I use Ubuntu
This could not be a problem with gfx card, as I could achieve the resolution of 1440x900 with latest ubuntu live CD !

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
a guide to edit xorg.conf
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=83973

The thread dedicated to widescreen resolution, read on
*ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=280683

CadCrazy

in search of myself
This could not be a problem with gfx card, as I could achieve the resolution of 1440x900 with latest ubuntu live CD !

Abe tabhi to main bol raha hun wait for latest version of Fedora. It will come with latest upadated graphics driver

cuddcrazy aaj pet kharab hai kya

Nahin to tumhe kisne bola. BTW I use "Kayam Churan" :D

Last edited:

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
offtopic This is where I see Ubuntu beating Fedora hands down.Even to a n00b like me using Ubuntu was pretty much easy when compared to Fedora.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
@Pradeep, Post the output of the file /etc/X11/xorg.conf.

CAUTION : Don't make any changes without making a backup of this file!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom