Problem with recording in A7V8X-MX-SE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Problem with recording in A7V8X-MX-SE

I have an mobo that is ASUS A7V8X-MX-SE. in there I can’t input voice to record or voice chat.

In the back I have 3 audio ports, mobo manual says

1. Line in port. This line in port connects a tape player or other audio sources. In a 6-channel mode this port functions as a Bass/Center

2. Line out port. This line out port connects a headphone or a speaker. In a 6-channel mode this port functions as front speaker out.

3. Microphone Port. This mic port connects a microphone. In a 6-channel mode this port functions as rear speaker out.

Now I connected my headphone in no 2 and mic in no 3. I can hear sound in headphone but can’t record any thing from mic. Mic is alright as its working in my friends comp.

I am using win XP SP2, windows sound recorder

What should I do?

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
- dbl-clk on the soundmax icon on the tray and make sure that the speakers setup is set to Stereo Speakers .
- dbl-clk volume control and make sure mic is unchecked and kept at full volume
- also under volume control options , check the advanced controls options .
- now in volume control u will have two buttons below Volume Control nd Microphone . click on the options and check or uncheck the options to see if brings sound to ur microphone .
- else another way is , run the audio setup in Msn Messenger and it will detect the mic and set it up
- if ur using 4.1 or 5.1 speakers , u can use either that option or mic only seperately and not at the same time . but u can also connect front panel audio
- try driver uninstall and reinstall if above doesnt work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom