Problem with Quake 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cynosure

UbuntuUser
HI there,
Actually I have got a pretty old computer P3 1.0 Ghz, 128 mb SD ram,onboard 8 mb graphics card.
I used to play open gl games like quake 3, serious sam encounters and they used to run on my pc perfectly. This was about 3-4 years back

But now if I want to play these games, theres an error related to open gl and none of the games is working. Although the older DirectX games are working fine.

Please post a solution.

Thanks.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Was it by any chance the Intel's Onboard 810 chipset?

Cause if it is then AFAIK it easily supported Quake 3.As such Intel has officially stopped it's driver support for this chipset.So you might as well look out for other video driver upgrades for it.Try this for downloading a compatible driver for your OS.

NOTE:The above solution is based on assumption of your video chipset being Intel's 810.If any other chipset please mention the name & we'll see if we can help you out on that as well.

OP
cynosure

cynosure

UbuntuUser
yes mine is intel 810i.
Actually I have not installed Quake 3 recently. So I cant provide you the error report. But yeah mine is intel 810i. Even I am surprised because these games were running perfectly and now they are not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom