Problem with pendrive/flash drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhanu210

Right off the assembly line
Hi all,
I have a Iball 1gb pendrive. My proble is that i can not keep any files into it.
when i try to copy/cut any file/folder from my hard disk and try to paste
it inside the pendrive, it is showing a "Can not copy<file/folder name>: The disk is write protected" and "Remove the write protection or use another disk".

I do not remember if i had made this one write protected or not. Please suggest me what to do. This is a new pen drive and i had never kept files/folders inside it.

Please suggest me how to remove the write protected option

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
There wud be some encryption in it. Try formating the drive if any utlity is provided with it. Or do it with windows built in formating tool.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
There is a slight chance of virus infection.
If there is a presence of an autorun.inf file inside the USB, then this is definitely a virus.
Run a antivirus scan on the drive before using it.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
but some thumb drives has autorun.inf inside them already which is use to run the inbuilt apps like U3 etc.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Agreed buddy, but when you try to Autorun, if its a piece of software bundled with the USB Drive, it will open the respective software, else it will open like the Open With Tab which we generally see when we use Windows Explorer

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
nowadays pen drives attract lots of viruses and spyware so u have to be extra careful when transferring data from pen drives

CadCrazy

in search of myself
Its not a virus problem. Its a encryption issue . I'am also facing same prob. My iBall pen drive is dead from few days but I'm too lazy to search for a solution :D

OP
B

bhanu210

Right off the assembly line
Hello Friends,

Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions . Now the pen drive is working
I had contacted the technical department from www.iball.co.in and they solved the problem. Today i had mailed him about the problem and Sagar Saha (One from their tech. dept.) replied that mail so quickly.

As for the instruction i had downloaded the utility software from theire website and format the drive using that. Now its working well.

Thanks a lot for your co-operation.

Mitrabhanu
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom