problem with Pen Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacklisted

Broken In
everytime i plugin the 4GB Sandisk Pen Drive in my lappy's USB slot i get the Removable Disk drive(K:) in My Computer but when i try n open it ...it says insert a disk in drive K: ....but yesterday it was working fine....this error started when i wrote some more data to it...

OP
B

blacklisted

Broken In
the problem is that i cant even format it ....it says no disk in drive.....also in disk management it recognises that there is a removable media but sshows no partitions and neither allows me to create a new partition . i tried partition magic too but the drive doesnt even show in there .

cspandey41

Right off the assembly line
the problem is that i cant even format it ....it says no disk in drive.....also in disk management it recognises that there is a removable media but sshows no partitions and neither allows me to create a new partition . i tried partition magic too but the drive doesnt even show in there .

techsniper

Right off the assembly line
I would suggest formatting it on a different system. Also try formatting through command prompt with format command if it works. If it is not possible,

First run a disk check on it using chkdsk command. It will fix file system errors and you'd be able to format it fine then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom