problem with outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

kunaltech

Journeyman
hi friends,

i got problem with my office outlook. my mails are going from my outlook but its not reaching the concenr person.

another problem is that i am able to download yahoo mails using yahoo pop to my outlook but unable to send the messages.

thanks

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Does that happen with all the email addresses or only specific ones?

The email address may have been mispelled.

Facing problem in configuring yahoomail with outlook... Here is the solution...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Open your yahoo mail account.
2. On the right side, u will see - Options. Click it.
3. Then go to - POP Access and forwarding.
4. Check 'Web and POP Access' and When downloading new messages: I don't want to receive any messages that SpamGuard thinks are spam
5.Open outlook or outlook express.
6.Click the 'tools' menu and select 'accounts....'
7.Click 'Add', and then click 'mail...'
8.Enter your name in the 'Display name:' field, and click 'Next.'
9.Enter your full yahoo email address in the 'Email address:' field, and click 'Next.'
10.Enter 'pop.mail.yahoo.com' in the 'Incoming mail (POP3, IMAP or HTTP) server:' field. Enter 'smtp.mail.yahoo.com' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) server:' field.
11.Click 'Next.'
12.Enter your Yahoomail username (including '@yahoo.com') in the 'Account name:' field. Enter your yahoomail password in the 'Password:' field, and click 'Next.'
13.Click 'Finish.'
14.Highlight 'pop.mail.yahoo.com' under 'Account,' and click 'Properties.'
15.Click the 'Advanced' tab.
16.Check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)' under 'Outgoing Mail (SMTP).'
17.Enter '465' in the 'Outgoing mail (SMTP):' field.
18.Check the box next to 'This server requires a secure connection (SSL)' under 'Incoming mail (POP3) and 'Outgoing mail (SMTP) both.' The port will change to 995.
*The order of 'Outgoing' and 'Incoming' mail server fields varies by version. Make sure you enter the correct information in each field.
19.Click the 'Servers' tab, and check the box next to 'My server requires authentication.'
20.Click 'OK.'
Congratulations! You're done configuring your client to send and retrieve Yahoomail messages.
And its all for free!

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
morpheusv6 said:
Does that happen with all the email addresses or only specific ones?

The email address may have been mispelled.

in terms of office outlook problem yes its happen with all email id

and can i for yahoo problem i will check and let u know thinkdigiter

sumeet singh

Broken In
u must be getting an error no. also
a number like >>> 0x800 something
take the number and serch it in google
u will be given a resolution for that error
try it!!:idea:

sumeetindia

Journeyman
Have you propely setted the SMTP of gmail as 465 SSL
Google dosent use the default i.e. 25
Yahoo''s SMTP port is :465 SSL

Also try using *toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/GmailConfig.exe
To configure your client automatically.
See if that helps

If all this dosent help
Try using THUNDERBIRD

tuxfan

Technomancer
kunaltech said:
my mails are going from my outlook but its not reaching the concenr person.

If the mails are going successfully from Outlook, then it is working properly. The problem seems to be with your ISP's SMTP server. Or may be the recepient has installed some junk mail filter and your mails are marked as spam.

kunaltech said:
another problem is that i am able to download yahoo mails using yahoo pop to my outlook but unable to send the messages.

Check the SMTP settings. See the help provided at Yahoo's site and follow the steps. What error are you getting?

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
tuxfan said:
If the mails are going successfully from Outlook, then it is working properly. The problem seems to be with your ISP's SMTP server. Or may be the recepient has installed some junk mail filter and your mails are marked as spam.

Check the SMTP settings. See the help provided at Yahoo's site and follow the steps. What error are you getting?

well i am able to recieve yahoo mails properly but while sending i am getting he below message. my smtp are correct

Task 'pop.mail.yahoo.com - Sending' reported error (0x8004210B) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the sending (SMTP) server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

OP
K

kunaltech

Journeyman
buntythecool said:
can u tel me ur version of outlook

check for ur server timeout in outlook setting also:)

well its going but taking long time for process. for 10kb mail its taking 5 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom