Problem With Norton Antivirus 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

FasTrack

Journeyman
I have formatted my system before 2 weeks and loaded win xp

I also loaded norton antivirus 2003

It ran perfectly the first time checking the whole system

From the next time whenever it runs, it does for a few minutes and just closes it down itself for some weird reason

Same case with the live update facility it simply says it cant function and gives a strange error.

Some1 help plz.

Sonu_wow

Right off the assembly line
hi,
try uninstalling and then re installing the software.if this doesnt work i assume that ur system is low on memory.if thats not the case then i think u need an expert's help.

Good Luck ! solving the problem

lavan_joy

Journeyman
2003 and 2004 versions are taking more resources

So better to switch to Norton 2005.(I am using 2005. Better than previous versions and takes low resources)

vamsi104

Broken In
Norton 2003, is a real menace.I used to use it until it started utilising all my resources making things complicated. I have uninstalled it and am usin kasprovsky now much better.

hey guys ! can any one help me in finding the nortonprotect files. I recently found (after uninstalling ) that it was occupying some 3.5 gigs of storage.moreover those were not visibile even on allowing to show hidden files.
Plz help.....

G

gxsaurav

Upgrade to NAV 2K5, there is a catch, do not rename or remove the Start menu folder, simply hide it, or Office 2003 SP1 won't work

NortonProtected files are hidden system file, select show dhidden file & hidden system files from the folder option menu, & then go to the folder Recycler in c:\ & d:\ then delete all the contents of the folder norton, it will have normal folder icon, while Recycle Bin of Windows will have the Recycle Bin Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom